Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday Randoms

Hello sunny Wednesday. Glad you decided to show your face again after making us suffer through that cloudy, rainy, miserably humid day yesterday. At least everyone’s lawn will be green. · I’ve heard of all kinds of government conspiracies like cloud seeding, and while Ihave no idea if these rumors have any merit. Wouldn’t be awesome if it only rained at night? And maybe occasionally during the day? Think about it. No activities or parties ruined and everything still gets the rain it needs. · Why can’t people follow directions? These are educated, well versed, well-traveled,and sometimes multi lingual people. What is so hard about providing everything listed on a simple checklist? While working every day I concurrently conduct social experiments to see exactly what I have to do to get the masses to follow directions and get me what I need. In short, I’ve found bold font and directions written like they’re for an 8yr old work well. · You know my Sephora obsession. Of course you do. Now what I really love is my monthly Birchbox deliveries! Bonus points for youngest sister for getting me 6 months’worth of deliveries! Check them out if you haven’t. There’s nothing more exciting than coming home from work on a Monday to find a box of goodies inyour mailbox containing samples of makeup, perfume, etc. #loveit · Ileave for vacation in one week! Holla · I haven’t had ceviche in a while. I was on a mad kick making that last summer. I think that’s how I finally got over my aversion to purple onions. I still hate sweet onions, caramelized ones, and those big circular white ones Wendy’s puts on their burgers, but the white ones with the purple shell, finely diced, are so perfect in that dish. Going to a Mexican place tonight AND Friday, so my cravings should be exhausted after that. · I’m on a mediocre start with the training for the ½ in August. The rest of this week will be nice and ideal running weather, and this is how it’s playing out:tonight- double happy hour, tomorrow- promo job, Friday- Mexican night w/friends. All this fun really leaves little time for running. I guess you haveto be unemployed, insanely addicted, born with Olympic talent, or carry a half empty social calendar to really commit seriously to this. - Bonus tonight as I engaged in not 1, but TWO happy hours. Really fun. Caught up with some people I haven't seen in years (and by that I meant 15yrs for one and 4yrs for the other!) Now.... bed!

No comments: