Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fade To Black...


I like to ask questions. Random, inane, sometimes irrelevant questions. "How much would I have to pay you to eat that cat food?" (Ironically, I've been on the giving and receiving end of this very question. And never the wet food. Never)

So the question I'm asking myself is, "How do I really feel about TV as I know it going dark in Feb 09?"
The answer: Not too worried! I was honestly more pissed when Clinique disco'ed my Blacker Violet liner about 2 years ago.

If you couldn't figure it out by now- Mr. Comcast does not have a place in my household. He's tried his best, but I'm much to stubborn to succumb to his wasteful and monopolizing ways. Am I really that out of sync with society for not laying around for 6 hours on a weekend glued to the latest degenerate happenings on Rock of Love? Are my grits any less flavorful because Paula Dean isn't giving me the step-by-step, greasy how-to on the Food Network? (Wait, when did I start cooking grits?) And finally, of paramount importance... is Philadelphia NOT always sunny because I'm NOT watching it?? No! No no no!

It's called Internet people! Hulu! Magazines! Newspapers! Friends! Co-workers! You can be in the know, up to date, and save hundreds of glorious hours a year if you get this monkey known as cable off your back!

Maybe you're not like me. Most people aren't. Perhaps The Real Housewives of Orange County are your personal role models; pillars of society one needs to watch, study, emulate. And The Hills. Ohhh those hills. I'm pretty positive I could empty the tray of hulled seeds and poo from my parakeets cages into a petri dish, add a little water, stick in a dark, damp place for 5 days and sprout something 100x more intelligible than those fake, bleached out, plastic-looking fools!

Now to my next question... Any ideas on how to repurpose a 19" TV?? :)




No comments: