Sunday, December 7, 2008

House Rules


Yay! My first blog!
This probably should have been the introductory post, but... it's not!

I was initially really opposed to blogs. Not blogs in general, just the thought of me creating one. I don't like exposure, I savor my privacy, and I really don't believe my every thought or opinion should be broadcast for the world to read. I haven't told many people I'm even writing this, but eventually when I get it going and accumulate some good material, I'm sure someone will find humor tuning in every so often. Just a site for storytelling, ranting, and everything else as seen from my viewpoint. All these things I think of and comment on, sometimes I need to know there are others out there who agree to prove I'm not nuts!

So for starters, here are my personal blog rules:
  • Nothing work related. Unless it's a general, Office Space-type gripe anyone can sympathize with, I'm staying far away from that. This is a public forum, and I am pretty positive that would give them all the ammo they would need to boot me. My opinions on the work world are much too R rated.

  • No family or personal relationship stories. That's really no one's business and people probably wouldn't care. Of course, I'll mention them now and then, but I think my thoughts on tacky Christmas decorations and everyday morons of the world are much more entertaining

  • Nothing too controversial. Yes, I have opinions, and you may not like all of them, so I'm not going to be that blogger.

    So those are my rules. There's so much to talk about anyway without even getting into those topics, I'm confident I won't run out of new subjects. When I have some followers (after I tell people about it I guess), I'd like people to suggest some topics. Until something fun, annoying, or infuriating happens next to write about... I'm out!

No comments: