Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday Randoms * *

A few * *snowflakes* * are falling this Wednesday evening, the holy day of the Randoms. Very pretty end to the day.
  • Has anyone ever wondered what it looks like when someone tries to cut off a funeral procession in traffic after the light changes? Ooohhhh boy, I saw it today, right on the border of City Ave. There must have been 50 cars and when the light turned green, and it was my side's turn to go, a few cars starting going, despite the procession that kept coming through, car after car. I think in some cultures this is a high level, you-done-offended-me-now type of move. Eek. Once I saw the guy in the back of the SUV put down his window, with his Phillies hat all crooked to the side, and start runnin his mouth... I was wondering if ducking was a wise move. The momentary drama fizzled, and I don't know who that was, but he/she had a ton of people going out to the cemetery on this 35deg day.
  • On the topic of cars. Ever wonder why people are so hyped up about privacy in our society, yet put decals on their car specifically showing they have a mom, dad, 2 girls, a dog, a cat, and a fish in their family? Driving around for everyone to see, every day? It seems harmless enough, but I wouldn't want to advertise the details of my household inhabitants to the general public. TMI
  • Every few years I'll be plagued by painful sinus pressure, bad enough it feels as if someone is trying to drill through the middle of my forehead. Thankfully a quick trip to Target today took care of that. Hopefully.
  • Let's see who made the SYAD list this week...
    • Giselle Bundchen. Just shut up and watch like the WAG you are.
    • That lunatic from Washington state who killed his wife and then his kids and himself. I hope he's ready, because the seat he'll be sitting in will be lined with the fiery hot coals of hell!
    • Conservative organization 'One Million Moms'. I'm glad Ellen mocked how hateful your agenda is.
  • This story is fascinating, and I can't get enough of it. Where's House when you need him?
    Psychology is not really my thing, but how can there be no explanation for this? How can more than a dozen high school girls be affected by enough 'stress' to trigger these identical symptoms?
  • Check out this link if you're a history buff, or just happen to really like looking at old pictures from the past. The people just looked different back then. Really cool pics http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/02/the-civil-war-part-1-the-places/100241/
  • I need a get rich quick type of scheme. Maybe inventing an app for smartphones. I bet the creator of Angry Birds is sitting on a pile of money! Speaking of apps (and I just remembered this, the first sentence was not a segue), I saw a banner posted along the iron fence bordering a cemetery near my work that said something to the effect of 'they now have an app'. Hmmm. I may need to do another drive by to confirm that's what I saw. I did look on the cemetery's website, where displayed in the top corner- the ever popular Twitter and Facebook icons. Strangest thing though, because neither had any links connected to them (do these 2 icons come standard now with every website??) Check me out, I'm not lying

No comments: