Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday Randoms

This is going to be a quick one because I really don't feel that great, and I'm not feelin my WRs like I usually do. The blame can be pointed directly to this 'mild winter' we're experiencing, and the fact that my head has been serving as a barometer measuring in pain, pressure, and all around discomfort in my entire sinus region for the past month.
  • People need to stop with their Facebook posts and run on stories of what they're giving up for Lent. Don't use religion as a cover for your need to hold yourself accountable for giving up a vice. Considering my current status of non-practicing Catholic, guess what I'm giving up? That's right. Nothing.
  • Went to the dentist office for my twice a year cleaning. I love it. A bright, cheery, all-female-run office. The visit is pure delight, as I get to chit chat and leave with sparkly clean teeth. The stories they tell me of the others who come in however, are quite repulsive. How about a 14yr old kid who, during his 2 years of braces, never visited the dentist once. His mother blamed "a move" and "being busy" for the oversight. Hmmm. Guess what kind of lucky numbers young Johnny got served up when they finally paid the dentist a visit? 17 cavities! SEVENTEEN. To clarify, that's not 17 teeth having cavities, but 17 surface areas. Is their some sort of charge for parental neglect on this? (Didn't help that Gatorade was his drink of choice either) Hmm. Let me spend $3K on braces (which is not covered by insurance) only to pay a thousand more to drill and fill the cavities. Oh I'd last 1 day working in a dental office. Half a day, at best.
  • Birchbox is awesome. And I got 6 months of it.
  • Tomorrow's my birthday. My favorite day of the year. Yay! Looking forward to a fun weekend

No comments: