Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday Randoms

  • Happy day after Valentine's Day. Mine was fab-u-lous. Wonderful. Amazing. I couldn't ask for more. So grateful
  • Happy Broad Street Run registration day, too. Oh...well... unless you're me and was able to register yesterday in about 3 minutes because I'm a Blue Cross member. It does suck for those who spent hours trying, I hear that. For those jamming up Facebook and Twitter with a million complaints though- there are plenty of half marathons out there for you to run. So shut your mouth, train to pull off an extra 3.1mi and sign up for one of those. #thanks
  • Allergies are killllling me. Since NYE I've had on-off sinus pressure and annoying sniffles. It might have been the live Christmas tree in combination with the mild winter, which has failed to kill the allergens in the air. This is getting old. For real. I read somewhere that eating raw garlic can help. Not sure if I'm down with that, but I did add a generous clove to my angel hair pasta tonight. And don't anyone worry, I still love vampires  : )
  • I love dog shows. Although it's never shown on network TV, I caught the highlights today and I can't believe that shuffling little mop of a dog beat that beautiful German Shepherd to win Best in Show! (btw, if you haven't caught the Christopher Guest mockumentary 'Best in Show', I suggest adding it to your list).Best in Show
  • Thinking which cocktail I'll make my "signature" this summer. Last year it was the mojito. If you've never had one, you must stop depriving yourself of this Cuban creation bursting with fresh mint and white rum. So good!
  • Chris Christie of NJ, you are an absolute fool regarding your decision to lower the flags in "honor" of a drug addicted former pop star.
  • The trend with these obnoxious false lashes needs to stop (I'm talking to you Adele, Kardashians, etc) We know they're not real, and you end up looking even worse when the paparazzi snaps a pic of you sans makeup.
In closing, pretty excited to say the blog's been back in action for an entire year! February 2011 I decided to give it another go, and here we are 1 year (and a few vacations, runs, life changes) later, I'm still at it! I know the blog has faded a little to only WRs on given weeks... ok... the past few months, but I'll try to get back on it.

2 comments:

gman said...

Seems these past few months you have been too preoccupied to post more than just the WR. I put it at somewhere around September. Any comment?

3118111B said...

One could say I've been preoccupied... and completely enchanted :)