Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday Randoms

I'm back!Looks like this will really need to be a fantastic WR post to compensate for the past 2 or 3 lackluster entries. I was feeling turrrrible last week. From my own expert diagnosis, I figure I had a cold that began sometime in late January, and slowly and quietly morphed into the most WICKED (not Wicked as in the fabulous Broadway show I saw in NYC. I'm talking the nasty, horrible, dreadful meaning of wicked) sinus infection I've had in years. Thankfully some antibiotics have kicked that out of the way and I'm almost back to my energetic self.

Time to get started
  • I'm trusting doctors less and less. The few times I go in because of a sinus infection or something else not super urgent, they look at me like I'm nuts and with that look of "Ohhh..you're fine". This time my temperature wasn't even taken! Yeah, I look fine, but that doesn't mean I'm fine. Can't stand them!!
  • Ever get the feeling you have to double check everyone's work? Like, you think you should be able to trust the person at the doctor to send your e-script to the correct CVS pharmacy even when you tell them the exact address.
  • S.O.S. - Sick of Snooki!!
  • If you haven't watched the show Shark Tank on ABC, it's really quite good, and you should tune in! It's not on at the best time (Friday 8pm), but if you're home sick and don't have cable, the options are slim.
  • I was really missing Oprah those few days on the couch. I was relieved to see there is still a special place on daytime TV for Jerry Springer. Jerry's final thought is still such a source of inspiring, thought-provoking wisdom. #sarcasm
  • Used my sick time to read Tina Fey's book Bossypants, a birthday gift from a friend (Thanks C). Quite funny, raw, honest, and telling way more than anything I'd ever share in a book. It spent a few weeks on the bestseller list, so go Tina.
  • Have I ranted about smoking lately? No. I haven't. I've been too sick to rant, remember? My little sinus issue caused my hearing and sense of smell to be uber sensitive, so the stanky, stale smell I typically loathe was even more present when I got a whiff while sick. Raise the price! Ostracize anyone who partakes in this filth! I'm sick of it!!
  • I love it when celebs/cool people reply back on Twitter! Example is the lovely British makeup artist and creative genius Lauren Luke- she follows my blog after I tweeted her my blog site. Her looks are amazing and I wish I had a job which required me to try those looks on myself every day. Some day... some day I will work a holiday season at Sephora or Ulta, just so I can play at work every day!!
  • I find myself in a mental battle sometimes between what's good for me now, and what's good for me in 25yrs. I'm always one to lean towards the practical, conservative side. I know what I have going now will set me up nice in 25 years. What if I want to do something crazy for 6 months or a year some time between now and then? Ugh... I have better things to worry about
  • If you've never seen the movie Death to Smoochy with Robin Williams and Ed Norton, you should. Nice, dry humor.
  • There is a suuuper annoying girl on a Friendly's commercial that plays on NBC10 all.the.time. She has a squeaky voice and this slight overbite that can be endearing to some people, and straight up #%@ annoying to the rest of the entire viewing audience.
  • Peyton Manning was really graceful and professional and all that other good stuff as he "resigned" from the Colts. I wonder if the crazy Colts fan we ran into in Vegas (who was mentioned in a prior blog post) is in a state of mourning now? Peyton was his boy!
  • I'm sick of Christie Brinkley and her mudslinging with now ex-husband Peter Cook. Shut up already! Not sure if she's had work done, but she looks pretty fabulous for her age.
  • All I know is I can't wait for flowers, sunshine, picnic food, runs outside, cruises in the car, and everything else that is spring/summer. Yessss!

No comments: