Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wednesday Randoms

Another WR means we're on the downhill to the weekend! Hooray!
  • If this mild winter is really to blame for the suffering I'm now enduring, I'd gladly hit rewind on the magical universe clock and battled a horrible winter. Allergies right now are k-i-l-l-i-n-g me. Seriously, it's not fun anymore. I had none of these problems last fall and once the ball dropped on Jan 1, it seemed everything just starting getting worse. It's interrupting my training for the 10mi run in May and I'm not very happy about it :(
  • On to a happier subject- food! Yes. I love my food. I believe I mentioned Cake Pops in an earlier post, and now I'm jonesing to scoot on down to my local Bed Bath&Beyond to get me a cake pop pan and all the goodies that go along with it. I don't want to make them for myself; I'm really looking forward to bringing them to some picnic or party with perfectly themed decorated little cake lollipops. Delish!
  • Hot hot topic out of Florida with the shooting of the (black) teenager by a (Hispanic) neighborhood watch volunteer. Yikes. I'd be very worried about this 'Stand Your Ground' law. Someone just threw a drum of gasoline on the race war fire.
  • This week marks my 3 year anniversary of #tweeting. I only know this because my 'joined on' date is listed on my profile- I didn't secretly commit my Twitter sign up to memory... although I enjoy it that much it wouldn't be a bad thing to remember... but still weird... okay, next bullet.
  • Job2 is picking up a little. I'm still keeping it manageable, but it's nice having the extra $$ roll in. Got me eye on a new spring/summer bag. Longchamp, perhaps? We'll have to see. I've never been a huge Coach fan, but they do have some cute things in the new lineup
  • With some quick calculations I figured I've saved about $7,680 since I bought my place by never getting cable. Ching! #gome
  • Because of the above statement, I'm now watching American Idol while blogging... Saving money, lacking choices. Oh well. JLo is really annoying. More annoying than Ryan Seacrest.
  • www.houzz.com is addicting! I challenge anyone to spend less than 10min surfing the site
  • I'm really craving that lobster sandwich I had at the Mermaid Inn in NYC on my birthday weekend with PG. It was so delicious. Food reference again. Not surprising. I hope I dream of a lobster dinner tonight.
  • Got a palette of Smashbox shadows for my birthday and I love them! It's the one for hazel eyes and although it's all shimmer and no matte, the color is true and lasts the entire day (with a base application of Too Faced Shadow Insurance, of course).

    That's all for now... until next time!

No comments: