Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday Randoms

Wednesday's here!

  • I buy waaaay too many clothes. I ran out of closet space about 4 years ago. I clean them out and gets rid of bags and bags, and there's still clothes everywhere! It's true what they say, you wear 20% of what you own 80% of the time. I'm trying my hardest to stray from (what seems like an invisible force pulling me) buying more black clothes. Open both my closets and it's nearly black. I've been good about bringing in color, and forgoing the patterned items. Ugh. What I need is someone to come to my house for 8 hours and go through every item and categorize it. I'll pay them! I wouldn't trust sourcing this type of person on Craig's List though...
  • Broad Street (...I did it again). Yes, that's right. Another 10 miles straight through the heart of center city. It felt so much better this time around, and my recovery was just a day. I guess going 8min slower than last year made the aftermath more bearable. Still a good time. The traffic jam after the fact is another frustrating bullet point, but with 40,000 people in one location, I really have no room to complain
  • Flyers choked again. Not much of a hockey fan at all, but I'd be real sick of standing by this team by now.
  • You know that saying 'Never say never'? Wellllll... apply that right to me. This die hard red wine gal has made the switch to (gasp) white! Aaah. How did this happen, you ask? Well, after a glass of way-too-warm red wine at a pizza joint in Philly, I got a taste for something a little more crisp, a little more cool, and light and fruity. Not I am NOT going to tell you I've developed a love for an oakey Chardonnay. No way. A light Pinot Grigio or Savignon Blanc will suit me just fine.
  • Watched a cool bio on Bill Clinton on PBS last night. The tale of slick Willy and his good ol southern upbringing, his cheatin ways, and how he formed the most powerful political team using marrige as a front duo that ever existed today. Still can't figure out how someone so smart could be so stupid and deal with humiliating himself and his family like that. #gladhesnotmydad
  • Growums update: We've got some herbs sprouting! The oregano, tomatoes, and basil have begun to grow. The peppers got off to a sluggish start, but today I saw the beginning of a sprout start to push it's way through.
Aren't they lovely?
  • Back to running. I've kept my word thus far in 2012, and have not wasted any time or $ doing any 5Ks. 3.1 just isn't enough. So I'm sticking to the bigger races only- 5mi, 10mi, 10K, and ultimately before the year is over, the 13.1. Fall is the optimal time to run this distance, so I'm going to have to stay active all summer and decide which I'm going to do in 4 or 5 months. I want it flat and fast- that's all I ask for!
  • Vacation plans are starting to materialize. The date is picked, now... the destination!

No comments: