Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wednesday Randoms

Time for the bloggy blog. Lots of things I thought about adding to the blog this week; some topics, however, are better suited for an individual entry. The amount of ranting (or raving, not just complaints on this site!) deserve my undivided attention, and not just a bullet point on my laundry list of randoms. I'll work on it. Until then... back to your randomly scheduled program.
  • Broad Street in 3 days! Ahh. The weather looks nearly identical to last year. I might even wear the same exact outfit so all conditions will be the same. I did my last workout today before the run. I might need a good hour of stretching before this thing... or maybe a breakfast cocktail beforehand
  • I'd like to know how the 80-something lady in my building who uses a walker and goes about .6mph has a license?! I would bet my paycheck if someone gave her a driving test, she'd fail miserably. How can her physical reaction time be anywhere near where it needs to be to drive on a busy, multi-lane road in rush hour traffic?
  • I'm attempting to bring my green thumb out this season. I was given a Growums Garden www.growums.com for Valentine's Day, and if all goes well, I'll have an abundance of basil, pepper, oregano, and tomatoes. Yay. The seedlings are carefully being exposed to light and water and hopefully they'll sprout soon. This garden is meant for kids, but I find it rather amusing to get emails with videos from these folks:
  •  I can't wait to indulge in some Franzones and cake pops after the run on Sunday!
  • Last year I wanted to make my own jam. June is usually the time to do it, when strawberries are at their peak. It's a lot of work, but afterwards you have 20 jams of delish jam to eat or give as presents.
  • If you've never listened to 'Wars of the Roses' on 96.5 in the morning, you should! It's hilarious and they bust  cheating people so bad in these setup phone pranks. Another good one is the phone prank on 98.9 with Carmen. Here's a sample of the funny calls she does:

No comments: