Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Summer- It's Wednesday Randoms

I missed last week's edition of Wednesday Randoms. Blame it on my other 'job' of pouring tequila and getting paid to love every second of it.

Random time!
  • Welcome humidity. Ugh. We really do get the most extremes of each season, don't we? My flowers outside are flourishing, so maybe I have the humidity to thank? Or maybe I should thank my green thumb and self control to not over-water like I have in the past?
  • If you've never tried Mango Habanero salsa, you are missing one of life's greatest sweet/hot combos. It is AMAZING. Try Mrs. Renfro's for a taste your mouth will thank you for. It's that good.
  • Had a near heart attack on Sunday. I wanted to let my birds play together and as I went to pick up Blueberry, she flew out of her cage! Their wings are not clipped, and I spent the next 3 minutes chasing her around the house like a mad woman. I'm not sure if she intentionally tried to make a break for it, or in her usual skittish demeanor she flew out the open cage door by mistake, but she didn't get far. And, as I always suspected, flew right towards the patio door and the mirrored wall. Luckily, her flying is neither fast or strong, so she couldn't get up any speed to hurt herself, but she gave me a most stressful experience.
  • California in 3 weeks! Lots to do before then. I like opening my suitcase on the floor a good 2 weeks before vacation, just so I know it's right around the corner. You'd think in doing this I'd be packed and ready to go a week before. Nope. Still jamming stuff in the bag 5 minutes before I run out the door.
  • Rory McIlroy takes the US Open in record breaking fashion and Wimbledon starts this weekend! Yessss. Love my tennis and golf watching. Funny how my desire to play tennis never faded, but I just can't get into golf. Not fast paced enough for me to play. Love watching the pros, but 4 hours is too much of a time investment with not enough return. If I were schmoozing clients on the course and expensing it, maybe.... but unless I meet someone who can convince me to get into it, I'll enjoy it from the couch.
  • Tragic story about Ryan Dunn. I was never a huge Jackass fan, but I watched enough to know the main players and cringe as they filmed themselves doing the most painfully insane pranks. They confirmed today he was legally drunk, and sadly, he and his friend paid the ultimate price. Thankfully they didn't hit anyone else, but how horrible that such a bad decision will leave 2 families and countless friends forever impacted by the loss. Bam is right- people like Roger Ebert need to STFU.
  • And how many people do we now have running for POTUS in 2012? I've lost count. I'll tell you one thing- if Mitt Romney wins, we're going to have to employ an entire hair and makeup team. He's definitely looks on the high maintenance side. No way he jumps out of the shower and his hair looks like that. Mirrors too. Everywhere.
  • Lots more to read on the Kindle. In the 6mos I've had my Kindle, I know I've read more books than I did in all of 2010. Oh Oprah, you were so right! I've got my eye on 'Hunger Games' next. Supposed to be in the 'young adult sci-fi' genre. It's been widely talked about, and even though I'm out of the young adult category (in age only, not spirit), I think I'll enjoy it. We all know my feelings about the Twilight series! (love it sosososo much)
  • Think I'll skip the random picture for a while. I think it's skewing my off-the-charts hit count on the blog by people image searching and then ending up here. Someone was actually searching for a garden rake. I would have loved to see their expression when they clicked and saw a totally irrelevant blog post to accompany the pic. Ha!

No comments: