Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Oh, what a day

So my day began with a big SMACK.

That smack resulted in my bumper getting scratched, dented, pierced in spots, and looking downright bad. My beautiful black pearl clear coat. After wanting a black car for so long, and keeping it spotlessly clean as best I could, I almost died when I saw it.  It's not terrible, and most certainly fixable, but I've had it just over 6 months, and now this. (Sad, exaggerated exhale)

Without getting all play-by-play about it, today added another line on my "getting my car rear-ended" resume. In the past 5 years, all 3 of these incidents happened on the same road...the same road I happen to live on! It's a long stretch of road, with the first one happening 5yrs ago about 15mi up the road. The second and today, the third, happened within 50yds of each other at the same intersection. Coupled with my evil address, could this be a sign it's time to get outta here?

Me stopping short and tapping someone else (my bad) then caused the guy behind me to ram me like bumper cars. After 10 years of Jeep driving, I'm still amazed they are built to take such hits like a champ. His hood resembled a tent afterwards, and that image flashing in a split second in my rear view was equally as scary. He definitely got the worst of it, and because he was the caboose in this bumper car train, that's coming right out of his insurance, (annnnd he should be picking up the tab for me!)

So there's a reason for everything and a lesson to be learned, I believe. (You didn't think I watched 15yrs of Oprah with no takeaways, did you?). Guess I'll pay more attention, be thankful it wasn't something more serious, personally email Jeep and tell them how much I lovvve their cars, and realize mistakes happen and there are much bigger things than the quality of shine on my black paint. (I know all this, obviously, but maybe today was a wake up call). Noted.


No comments: