Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday Randoms / / _ --- \\

  • Hmmm... note to self for next year: find a better way to dispose of the live Christmas tree rather than sawing it into pieces by hand and stuffing it down the trash chute. Bonus activity of the vacuum getting clogged by all the needles...I even paid tribute to the thousands of scattered needles in the post title. And if you see a typo, it's probably the sap still on my thrice washed hands (is that even a proper term?) Anyway, I took the decorations off a few days ago, so the "Christmas magic" had been extinguished, and I didn't feel so bad going serial killer on my tree with a saw. It looked really beautiful for the month it was up!
  • Let's hope Jay-Z and Beyonce's kid looks more like her than him... I love me some Hov, but that look on a girl... not so cute
  • The fluctuating temps and the complete lack of humidity in the air has my sinuses going berserk. I've dodged the cold and flu thus far, but sometimes that sinus pressure can be just as much of a killer. I've gone the homeopathic route and have a stockpile of nasal mist, neti pot, and other nasal irrigation implements. They all seem to help, and it's better than taking pill after allergy pill, but it's the weirdest looking process in the world. I'll recommend it to anyone, but I'm not showing you how to do it! (YouTube people)
  • Haley Barbour pardons hundreds of Mississippi criminals? That should make hundreds of families feel... absolutely horrified. SYAD
  • Guess who else needs to SYAD this week? Mr. Joran van der Sloot. More like van dar Murderer. He fesses up to killing a woman in Peru, who discovered on a laptop in a hotel room the scandal of his past, flew into a mad rage and strangled her. Sit your murdering Dutch behind right down.
  • I switched to organic milk about a year ago, mainly because I don't trust whatever agency regulates our food, how it's produced, and what kind of additives they fail to disclose are in the stuff we eat. Better late than never, I guess. I'm staying away from meat more and more, although it's hard to supplement my diet with other adequate sources of protein (how am I going to win all these future races? ha). Every day it's something else- tainted products, cancer-causing ingredients. Tired of it!
  • Fun month ahead, and then we go right into February, another fabulous month! So looking forward to it.
  • The maker of Ho-Hos is filing for bankruptcy? Oh no! People will have to stuff their face with another sugary treat... until they reorganize and management gets it together.
  • Beauty and the Beast in 3D? Disney- how much more $$$ do you need?? Why not just put them on the Titanic in 3D, double the ticket price, and Disney and James Cameron can take the profits, swim in Olympic-sized pools of $500 champagne and play wiffle ball with lobster tails?!?!

2 comments:

gman said...

fun fact! It is very possible to fill that pool
1-Olympic size pool = 660,000 gallons
1-bottle of champagne = 750ml = .198 gallons
660,000 gallons ÷ .198 gallons/bottle = 3,333,333 bottles
3,333,333 bottles * 500$/bottle = $1,666,666,665

the original titanic grossed $1,843,201,268

so they could do it before and I'm sure after if they convert to 3d and charge even more

3118111B said...

Well done on the math breakdown, Gman. Now that I see this is a feasible option for those richer than myself, I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to have all the bubbly you could ever want-without ever leaving the pool!