Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesday Randoms

Having Monday off, I had to check twice to make sure today was really Wednesday. I'm not sure I could wow you all with such a stunning collection of randoms on any other day of the week. 
  • Thanks to @Twitter, I won a contest! Not just any contest though. What took me 5 seconds to retweet, entered me to win 2 nights for 2 (and a bottle of wine) at... my favorite Dublin hotel- the Temple Bar Hotel! If that's not Ireland calling me back for a 3rd time, I don't know what is. So because I follow the hotel and saw their tweet, I entered with 1 click and was tweeted back the next day saying I won! Needless to say, that's incentive enough to book a late spring/early summer trip. The paperwork and gift card arrived in the mail today. Yay Twitter!
  • This cruise disaster in Italy is unbelievable. I read something online today that the overplayed most annoying song ever from 'Titanic' was playing in one of the restaurants when the ship was sinking. Urban legend, I'm hoping. The captain of the ship was reportedly afraid of the dark, and "fell" into a life boat, off the main ship while other people were still on the boat, stuck, etc.
  • I love my puffy black coat in the winter. This past weekend I was out to dinner, and literally the entire coat closet was filled with abut 30 black coats. I vowed to ease off my all-black obsession and bring some color back in my life... guess that visual was a friendly reminder.
  • I'm going to have a hard time watching SVU tonight, where Harry Connick Jr has signed on to guest star for a few episodes, without secretly hoping he busts out in song. Preferably a Christmas song, in my opinion, but any other one will do... he's maybe the only good thing that came out of New Orleans (been there once... didn't like it...no desire to go back)

  • Ricky Gervais was hilarious on the Golden Globes. Nothing beats that cheeky British humor. If you're a celeb and he rips you, and you have the opportunity to take a shot back, do you take it? Or just let it be? Hmmm... I should figure this out in the event I become a celeb in the near future.
  • A night of kickboxing with a friend at the local karate/MMA place has me cringing 2 days later when I try to put on my coat or take the Brita pitcher out of the fridge. The workout was fantastic... but I get so weirded out by participating in a class on mats with 20 other people when no one is wearing shoes! Not sure I could deal with that on a regular basis.
  • Don't think I mentioned this before on the blog, but with the Oscars coming up, it reminds me of one of my favorite actors, and one of the most talented I've seen is (and I've no movie expert, but I've seen the important ones.. well, most of them) (drumroll) Daniel Day Lewis. Check this out:

    There's a very good reason why Daniel Day Lewis has been in only 10 movies since 1989 and has four Oscar nominations: he's extremely picky about his roles and when he decides to do a movie, he dives in head first. One of the most committed method actors working in the industry today, he has been known to stay in character for months to insure that his performance is 100% pure. This approach has not changed for the production of Steven Spielberg's Lincoln, in which the Academy Award winner plays the titular president.
    And if you haven't seen 'There Will Be Blood'... see it!!


 
     

No comments: