Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday Randoms

Happy 2012!

I had thoughts of doing a post about the highlights of 2011, but decided cooking a pizza and surfing the internet was more tempting. As always, I'd be happy to give anyone a verbal recap (oddly enough, so one has taken me up on these offers...)

So.... to get started in this brand new year, let's go over some people who need to be told to SYAD!
    • That nut job firebug in LA. You're obviously deranged, but here's an idea: How about we set another fire and this time, throw YOU in it?
    • Jenny McCarthy. You have so much Botox in your face, I don't think we were convinced that was really you on the NYE countdown show. Bad move.
    • The people who throw garbage out the car windows and litter up the highway. Driving on 76 every morning can be bad enough without miles of garbage strewn all over the side of the road. Are you really that lazy?
    • The occasional spammers on Twitter. Stop interrupting my fun with your nonsense.



  • Time to get my car inspected again. I've been going to my guy for 3 years. He's cool and came with several positive recommendations, but my God, I can't walk into his office without starting to shake from the utter disorganization of all the papers and tools, etc. I think this guy is one of those flaky genius types. He once took me around the block for 10 minutes, having me listen to some part of the wheel on my old Jeep that made this squealing sound, so he completely disassembled it, and then put it back together because he couldn't figure out why, and it became this challenging puzzle to him. I didn't understand 90% of the stuff he was explaining, but he's respected and has never tried to dupe me. Let's be honest; as much as it pains the independent, slightly feminist part of me, 99% of the time someone like me walks into a mechanic place, you know they assume I know absolutely nothing about cars. Sadly, they're right. But it's all good, because inspection this time around should be a breeze.
  • Remember this one? Heard this today and remember back when some people I knew used to sing this over and over after a late night out at the bar. Those falsetto notes aren't for everyone (covering ears as I remember this). Video is pretty weird too...

  • Had some great Italian last week in Haddonfield, NJ. A BYO called Tre Famiglia www.trefamiglia.com  Pretty delish. Place is pretty small and the atmosphere is somewhat quiet, but I definitely would go again. Food was great.
  • Using Skype on my new iTouch is awesome. Video chat is def cool when you're not chained to the laptop
  • Looking forward to some tennis majors coming up soon, starting with the Australian Open this month. Speaking of tennis, my arm/shoulder still hurts from slamming some serves on my home court back in November. I definitely won't forget to warm up properly next time. #lessonlearned
  • Why hasn't someone invented some sort of fake sunshine device to slowly rise in your bedroom and start the day off right, by waking you naturally? I'm sick of waking up in pure darkness to the same 10 songs at a high volume Q102 plays every week!

No comments: