Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bday!

+1
Add one more year to my total. 

Another great birthday! Thanks to the ubiquitous social media of present day, the birthday greetings came from every direction- email, facebook, and Twitter, not to mention phone, text, and US mail. What I like even more are the super late night messages- because those who know me know I'm always up late, as well as the pre-7am messages because, again, whose who know me know I'll be up that early too : )

Did a little rummaging through some photo albums while I was at my parent's house tonight. It all started with a question from me regarding the whereabouts of my birth certificate. You know, just to make sure I am really as old as they say. My mom swore I had it; now I have a lot of stuff, but I knew there was no birth certificate in my possession. So up the stairs she went to get the fireproof box with all the important papers, and lo and behold- there was my birth certificate! Along with my fingerprints taken in elementary school (in case I ever got kidnapped), and some other random items. As my mom is rummaging through this stuff, she asks me if my papers are in order and in a fireproof box, if I have a will, and what if my house catches on fire? I have all these things safely placed in a box (a shoebox, whoops) So if Mr. Fire ever decides to pay a visit, my life in documents will be ashes in about 5 seconds! Then she said probably the funniest thing I've heard in a while:

"You should really have these things in a safe place, and draw up a will for all your stuff. I mean, if something happens... we don't know anything about you!"

A bit of an exaggeration there, but still reallllly funny in the moment.  Guess after 32 years it's time we start getting to know each other  : )

Here's a few pics from the old albums. A birthday one to keep with the theme and some others.


No comments: