Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday Randoms

  • Alright, these references to the lame 90s pop singer have to stop. Someone did it again tonight! I simply said my last and there goes the famous question. Again. #ugh
  • Typically the red light to make a left into my place is unnecessarily and annoyingly long, but tonight it allowed me to listen to The Backstreet Boys 'I Want It That Way' in its entirety. Yes. I so loved that song in... 2002
  • I heard Ryan Howard was spotted at my Whole Foods scooting around on a Rascal. Heeey big boy, how about lending me the keys to that Bentley while you're ridin ghetto injured? I'll return it with a full tank. Pleeeaase?
  • Tabbouleh is fabulous. Not as fab as my quinoa salad, but fab nonetheless.
  • Happy hour event in the city this Friday. Haven't worked one of those since the jam packed sessions of Bushmills at Tir Na Nog, where you could barely move. Should be good though. Guinness always promises a good time.
  • Saw my friend's 5 month old baby for the first time tonight and he's oh so cute
  • I realize I still need an Ireland recap on here. Pics are all sorted and posted to an album and now I need to find the best ones and share the highlights. I'll get on that. Promise.
  • Anyone else notice Joe Biden has been virtually muzzled since the beginning of Obama's presidency? I think after a few weeks they realized they need him to shut his mouth and go with the program. As for the other side... like I said in a previous post- get the hair and makeup team ready for Mitt Romney!
  • Really big craving for pumpkin pie and chocolate milk right now, and I've got nothing but a gallon of cranberry juice and some bananas. No help.
  • I haven't used my food processor in a while, so I think I need to look up all the pumpkin-related snacks I can make with it and just go all out. Pumpkin everything for everyone!
  • Okay, this Halloween run is in 2 weeks. I've slacked on preparation. Who wants to train when you can be hanging out with some drinks, running around Ireland, driving to the beach, etc etc? I need a strategy. Do I show up that morning and just try to bang out a steady 8mi or do I try and do another couple long runs between now and then? Ah, the choices I have to make in this life. Like I said, I'm reporting back the results- good, bad, or indifferent.
  • I'm putting up a Christmas tree this year. No fake ones. The real thing.
  • Audience participation- love it! It's about time someone spoke up on the blog (ahem, all you other readers). Well, reader GMAN, I do happen to have a picture of said "bad ass" car. Take a look. It's quite a thrill to ride in. Just imagine... you're the guy driving that car all fast... trust me, the girls totally dig it.

No comments: