Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday Randoms/I'm Back!

Back home at blog HQ after a spectacular trip. I'm running out of adjectives to describe the past week. I'll be careful not to turn this edition of WRs into a total vacation recap. Plenty of time to do that in future, non-Wednesday posts.
  • Funny, no mention of the Phillies in Ireland. Haha. I did see guys going nuts over some rugby game. Coming home to all this bashing of the Eagles on Fbook/Twitter is laughable. How many times are people going to keep saying to fire Andy Reid? Guess what? As long as people have season tickets, they're going to the games and as long as the stadium keeps filling up, Jeffrey Lurie will keep raking in the piles of money.
  • I'm feeling out of the loop on current events, as I only watched about an hour of TV the entire past week. Of course, I was online. You can't take all my technology away from me!
  • How much you wanna bet the next vacation Amanda Knox takes will not be an international one? I bet she'll be behaving herself and have the address of the US Embassy on speed dial if she ever leaves the states.
  • Coming home from vacation and having zero food in the house is the worst, and now I have to go back out again tonight and buy everything when all I really want to do is lay in bed with my window open and the fall breeze coming in. Need a personal assistant some days.
  • Mini rant time. The airlines aren't cutting back that much, at least not in first class. Sitting in the front of the plane both to and from, I had a clear view of all the hot towels and lemons wedges they were handed (what seemed like) every 10 minutes. Maybe I'm a little bitter. Sure, I could have hit yes when at check-in it asked "Would you like to upgrade to first class for $500?" One of these days I'll fly somewhere far, and it won't be in coach! I'll make sure they fluff my pillow and bring me endless cocktails.
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love going to Europe because everyone is so much better looking! Maybe if we walked everywhere and didn't have a fast food place on every corner we wouldn't be a nation known for overweight, out of shape slobs.
  • An Aussie guy I met on the trip was telling me how he got his ass handed to him by a bunch of Irish guys in Dublin on a pub crawl playing beer pong with Guinness!  How they can drink like alcoholics, look fit, and still function continues to mystify me...
  • It was so nice not having to drive the past week. Efficient and clean public transportation in a major city (not Philadelphia) is a beautiful thing.
  • Yes, I realize I have lifted the veil of anonymity on the blog with a pic of my looking straight into the camera (gasp!) Is everyone shocked? I thought that pic turned out pretty awesome, so I threw it on the background.
  • What's a blog entry of mine without a food mention? I had the most delicious option when I was in the town of Howth. Take one guess which one I got. Too easy, right? Although choice c) was tempting for a minute. I need a crepe pan so I can make one whenever I want.


Yes, Nutella and banana!!

















No comments: