Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday Randoms

Hitting you fast and furious on this edition of WRs
  • Why on earth are there shopping carts at Wawa? I hit the ATM today (which is right next to the lottery machine, where those scratch-off ticket addicts hang out and piss away their $$) and noticed there were 3 small-ish carts. Who walks out of Wawa with more than 3 items or enough items to warrant needing a cart?
  • Ohhh Antique Roadshow I see right through your 'expert' appraisers. You know that guy who claims to be the expert on cuckoo clocks from 1785 from a small sleepy village in the mountains of Germany Googles and Wikipedias the shit out of that clock 10min before taping. "And this clock has really exquisite beveling along the outer edge, which is exactly what the clockmaker did as his signature mark in those times... "The best part is the actual $ figures; it's always either worth $15K or $50.
  • Busy weekend, 4 jobs between happy hour tomorrow and Saturday afternoon. I'm glad I took my vacation when I did, as things will only get busier right through New Year's.
  • Next month I'll be 5K Turkey Trotting and Gobble Wobbling. I still giggle every time I hear those names. Hopefully I can keep the momentum right through the New Year and then start preparing for Broad St again. Time is going by too fast!
  • 59 days til Christmas! I'd like to do a day in NYC. Not for shopping, just wandering around...and eating of course.
  • Tommy Lee Jones has sold out doing financial advisor commercials now? Ugh. I thought it was just Jack McCoy from Law&Order. He's better than that #butitpays
  • Why is it I can't stand rice in burritos, or the various other kinds of rice, but I love the sticky white rice from the Chinese restaurant? (And I hate Chinese food) Prize for the best reader explanation.  
  • I used to spend hours watching this guy. Check it out---> Love Ali G I swear this is his best character hands down. Uh oh, here I go again getting sucked into the YouTube vacuum...
  • I need an elf to help me with some of these chores I don't feel like doing. My motivaition dwindles as the daylight disappears. Thankfully we have the holidays to get us through these tough months between fall and spring. We could live in Alaska... so I won't complain. But then I could see moose and wolves in my backyard. Hmmm. Worth the trade off? Definitely not.
The Ireland recap is next!

No comments: