Sunday, December 4, 2011

Yes I am

'Yes I am' what, you ask?

Smiling. Like I mean it. Just like the name of this blog I borrowed from a most fantastic Killers song.

No real reason for this post. No randoms or rants. While I'm on the topic of randoms though, it seems I need to put a closer eye on the spell check to the WRs and all blog posts in general. Apparently I've gotten sloppy on some spelling and typos (this paragraph will be checked 34 times) and some other general info (thank you astute reader, for pointing out that liar on TV campaigning (I told to SYAD) is indeed named Herman Cain, not Howard.)

Anywaaaay

I was delighted with some cooking I did this weekend. Refer to early 2011 post re: spicy shrimp angel hair recipe. I made it this weekend and it was fabulous. I really enjoy cooking and baking, and especially when I'm making it for someone special, it's even more important I get it just right. Just a tad obsessive :)

Totally excited for Christmas. Hoping to get my tree tomorrow, and get the shopping started and completed soon. I always loved the holidays. Last year was good, but this year my excitement is palpable. What a difference a year makes. You never know who or what will appear and turn that pretty convincing happy smile into one where you really, really mean it.  So... recognize what's good, who's important, and live each moment fully in the present. Whoever or whatever this may be, which allows you to truly smile like you mean it, be sure to keep them in your life.

No comments: