Sunday, November 6, 2011

Super Fast!

How on earth does the winner of the NYC Marathon run 26.2mi in 2:03:02? I sit here and simply can not comprehend running that fast for that long. Congrats to him, because that's incredible.

Now I've admitted outright I don't run to win or set course records. (I'm not just saying that because I never have either) I'm trying to keep myself fit, basically, and I happen to like running outdoors. I'd be willing to bet this guy, after finishing 26.2 miles, could still beat me in a 1mile race if I were well-rested and feeling my best. I could train my entire life and still wouldn't come within an hour of him for 26.2. I know Kenya and Ethiopia are the places that produce insanely fast  marathoners and not the PA suburbs, but this is still so ridic!

Well, go me.  I did 4miles today... in....38min. Not exactly record breaking pace :)

Those marathon winners- this is prob who they train with

No comments: