Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday Randoms

  • 'Where in the World is Matt Lauer' is one of my favorite segments of all the news and morning shows. Probably because traveling is so fun and he's getting paid to go visit all these fabulous places. This week he's already hit Namibia, Madrid and Kuala Lumpur this week. Lucky!
  • And this week's list of those who deserved to be told to SYAD:
    The Duggars, Herman Cain, The entire Penn State football clan who lied and covered everything up, "Dr" Conrad Murray, all the Twilight haters, and anyone who doesn't agree that pumpkin pie is the most delicious part of Thanksgiving dinner.
  • New developments today: Errrbody's 'retiring' at Penn State. See ya!
  • Noel Gallagher show this Friday. Can't wait! Got a peek at the set list from a previous show and it's looking pretty good.
  • I've expressed this before, but does anyone else feel just a little sad that an evergreen spends years and years growing, only to be chopped down and marveled for 3 weeks in someone's house, and then thrown in the trash? Poor trees. I will admit though, nothing looks or smells as good as a real tree. I'll have to devote more time to solving this dilemma another day.
  • Guess who's making grilled cheese for dinner?
  • I was browsing the SPCA website this weekend, because I feel bad for all the furry friends with no homes, and I saw they have bunnies! I already have 2 feathered children, so chances are slim to none that I'll add a bunny to the mix. It would be the cutest thing ever to sit and read, watch TV, (or blog!) while a bunny is hopping around.
  • The past 2 days I've fallen asleep earlier than usual (before midnight) and woken up way earlier than usual (3:30am!!) Along with this has been the most vivid dreams. Guest appearances from all sorts of people which I can't trance back to any of the week's happenings. I'm thinking DST is not a factor, but I did run a humidifier the past 2 nights. (Next blog topic: The correlation between dreams and humidity)
  • Little bit of a rant here. Facebook status posts, in my opinion, should be an outlet to express the spontaneous thought, a humourous experience, a brag-worthy vacation check in (guilty) or some other witty remark on current events or life. 
    What Facebook status updates should NOT include:
    • Constant advice or suggestions on child rearing; there are parenting forums for this purpose- Use them!
    • Stating the obvious: i.e. "Is it Friday yet?" or "The weekend went waaay too fast!". Yes, we all know/think this and you're wasting everyone's time and news feed space
    • Thoughtless fragments: i.e. "Tired", "Freezing!" or "Bored". Really? You can't think of anything better? Thankfully I don't follow too many of these lame status-posters, but when I see one, or several in one day, I cringe.
  • Vacation 2012? Already thinkin about it  : )

No comments: