Thursday, November 17, 2011

That Stinks

I find every time I turn around I'm running out of something. So off I go on a Target run during the day today, since it's only a few miles from my office.

During my usual stroll around the store I was pretty shocked to notice an entire aisle devoted solely to air fresheners! Yes, here's the proof:
Filled with about 50 different scents of various air fresheners, am I the only one who stops and thinks knows this is complete overkill? If there are 3 different aisles for cleaning products alone, why do we need another 30ft of product to cover up or mask our supposedly clean rooms and air? Ugh. I'm all in favor of a soy candle (safe for the little lungs of my birds) or the occasional reed diffuser, but why oh why do some people plug in a different scented plug-in in every room of their house?

I have allergy issues as it is. The last thing I need is an artificial 'Berry Breeze' or 'Tropical Waters' smell covering up the clean, fresh smell naturally found in my house. But the truth is, if we keep buying it, they'll keep making it, and the crazy cycle continues. #toomuch



2 comments:

Joomla groupon component said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

Gman said...

It is alot like the chewing gum isle. People look for a quick way to avoid spending the 2 min required to brush their teeth and take care of the source of the odor. People have become increasing lazy as the years go by