Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday Randoms

Note to self: When you come home from work and your place is a little cold, turning the heat up to 80deg means you'll instantly fall asleep while trying to write your Wednesday Randoms blog. I am now awake and the heat is off. Let's try this again.
  • Entire Kardashian family: SYAD and STFU
  • I had some Frank Sinatra Christmas songs playing today and I don't care what anyone thinks about it. Halloween is done, bring on Christmas!
  • I've had to charge my completely drained Kindle 3x in the past month and I haven't read a thing. Need to find some good reads and #getonthat... maybe 'A Christmas Carol'?
  • That crazy blast of unexpected snow this past weekend brought back one of my favorite winter people-watching activities: Cleaning snow/ice off your car with anything and everything- brooms, credit cards, books... I love it. I guess not everyone is as psycho as me with their seasonal rotations of ice scrapers and gloves ready in the car.
  •  As I sadly pass this deer carcus in the weeds near the TP off-ramp for the 3rd day in a row, I was reminded of a funny story from my past. I remember browsing the newspaper for a PT job when I was about 16, you know, before online job searching really existed. I came across something like "Wildlife Caretaker". Wow! Perfect! I love animals and the outdoors, so I called the number... and instead of filling bird feeders or rescuing ducks stuck in a frozen pond, I come to find out the job was... picking up roadkill!
    Um... no thanks!
  • Lauren Luke tweeted me back this week- twice! Yay
  • In 2012 I'm making it a point to realize my dream of throwing a grilled cheese-themed dinner party. I'm talking uber gourmet combinations. Oh you know you want to do this too- or be invited to mine. This will be the most delicious event I've ever hosted. Simultaneously occuring will be the 'Help Me Drink All This Liquor' party, as I have enough to supply a small wedding right now.
  • If it wasn't so dark, and I wasn't so comfortable sitting in my bed right now, I'd walk drive to Whole Foods and get one of those special fancy cupcakes. Chocolate banana, of course.
  • As I watch my usual episode of Nightly News, I can't help but notice the products in their commercials all have a similar theme: Touch of Grey, Centrum Silver, Tums... I not sure who their intended target market is, but how about we not assume everyone watching is 65+?
  • 9hr school days in Shanghai China? No wonder they're killing us in math, science, reading and everything else.
  • The primere of Rock Center was great this week. Well done BWill

No comments: