Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday Randoms <|

My blog- how I've missed you. I've been looking forward to a WRs entry all day.

Oh, and that pathetic looking triangle in the title- in the spirit of Thanksgiving and WRs- it's supposed to be a slice of pumpkin pie. Lame, I know.
  • First, the SYAD awards of the week:
    • That db who sprayed the protesters at UC Davis like they were a swarm of bees. Have fun deflecting 8 million lawsuits
    • The senior citizen in the (sweet) Mercedes who almost t-boned me in the parking lot the other morning. I'd love to steal your car and go for a joyride
    • The 50+ yr old dapper men who frequent bars on the Main Line and think they can sweet talk me with a sly smile and a flash of their wallet #backoffgrandpa #yuck
    • The ghetto Cosi worked who complained obnoxiously and loudly: "If people gonna leave trash on da table, dey betta leave a tip!" Get a real job. And STFU.
  • Speaking of that last gem of a rant- I'm glad I worked all those crazy PT retail jobs when I was younger. Without them, I never would have learned to deal with how vile and nasty some of the general public can be- and how to handle them without stressing myself out.
  • Had a little deja vu watching the news this week. NBC10 followed up on the story of a kidnapped 11yr old NJ boy in 1991. 20 years ago this happened, and the minute that red haired, freckle-faced picture of Mark Himebaugh appeared on the news, I remembered it like it was yesterday. One of those tragic tales of a (likely) non-family abduction, happening right near his house... and he just... vanished. Where did he go? I probably remember it so well because he was is was from Jersey and was just a year younger than me. Kidnapping is right up there with the super scary things that no one should have to worry about, but sadly, in the world we live in, it's a real live danger.
  • Cheerios are so pure and satisfying after you've run through your Cocoa Pebbles and Cinnamon Toast Crunch stash.

  • Gobble Wobble tomorrow. And then I promise, you won't have to hear me talk about any more holiday, rhyming, cutesy, alliteration types of runs. (Still debating that Reindeer Romp- oops! did it again)

  • I came dangerously close to forgetting about the wet clothes in the washing machine. Hate when that happens, and you become a victim of your own fabulous multitasking. (For the record, I've only had it happen once; long enough that a rewash of everything was mandatory)

  • This Friday's it's shopping insanity and... 1 month until Christmas! I can't wait to put up my tree! This will only be the 2nd tree I've had in 8 Christmases here- a fact I'm not proud of. No one like coming home to an un-festive house at Christmas. My Josh Groban Christmas album play list can only carry the holiday spirit so far...

  • Looking forward to this weekend. It's really amazing when something is so fun, and so easy, and happens so naturally. You get to a certain point in your life when you really recognize and appreciate things. Not on some superficial level, but from a standpoint of maturity, where you wouldn't have realized those same things 10yrs ago because you hadn't gained the life experience needed to become fully aware.

  • I'm getting smoked on Words With Friends this round- in about 5 different games. Ack.

  • Thanks to the few who read the blog and are commenting! Ooh the excitement! I'll keep up my blogging, whether 2 people or 200 people ending up reading this. It's my voice, my chance to projects all these thoughts, opinions, rants, and raves from my mind straight to the pages of the internet. Some days I want to try and figure out how to fancy it all up... but I like the no nonsense, simple format.


No comments: