Friday, May 20, 2011

End of the world as we know it? (and I feel fine)

I'm back. Done with my blog tantrum from Wednesday, and pumped for Saturday May 21, 2011 at 6pm- Judgement Day!  So happy I'm spending the last day on Earth working 2 promos and running a 5K.

Who really believes this stuff? Like really believes it so much they quit their job, empty their bank account, and reach bonafide nut job status? My guess is the uneducated, undereducated, those with little guidance or conviction, and those who ride the wave of controversial hot button issues, desperate to get caught up in the madness. Maybe it's me, but I thought logic trumped everything. Then again, I'm logical. And not... crazy! This supposed "end of world" has been called dozens of times; and every time- nothing. Like so many events that cycle in history (elections, wars, deaths of leaders), every one that happens now is right in the center of the social media storm. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube- every site has endless thoughts, opinions, pics, whatiwoulddoiftheworldendedtomorrow statements, and just how many of us have spent 5-10 minutes reading about this nonsense? Multiply that by a few million and that is one gigantic waste of time and energy. 

Oh.

Count me in that list. Just spent 10min blogging about it. (At least I call myself on it!)

No comments: