Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday Randoms

It's Wednesday, and I'm gettin random
  • The END of my beloved Oprah show was today. Mama O was on her pulpit preachin her heart out. Everything from Jesus, to fufilling your destiny, to the impact we as the audience had on her and helped to define her life, I loved it. I'll miss it. And no one can ever, ever replace her. I was tweeting up a storm while watching. I'm Twittering waaay too much lately, but then I look at the likes of @ochocinco and his 50 tweets an hour, and I realize I'm aight. 
  • Someone was wearing slippers at the gym tonight. Yes, those fuzzy slippers you slide on when it's 5 degrees out and you're decked out head-to-toe in your best sweats because it's too freakin cold to do anything else. Did I mention it was 87 degrees today and it's almost June? She was riding the stationary bike while wearing these. Come on! (a la Job from Arrested Development)
  • Had a little talk with a coworker today about some random topics- conspiracy theories! There's this group called HARPP http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/ and glancing at the site, it looks like a government op that might be tinkering with the weather and atmosphere (cloud seeding and chem trails anyone?)  Crazy stuff. I never bought into that too much, so maybe I'll stick with the whole 'ignorance is bliss' theory when it comes to the government conducting population control right under our noses. I really wish I could be a fly on the wall in the Situation Room some days.
  • You ever have to spell out a website for someone over the phone, and do the whole 'A as in apple' explanation? (Sorta rhetorical, cause no one's answered any of my questions yet... hmmm!)  Today I had a real piece of work on the phone. This guy was from somewhere (not the US), and he spoke English pretty well, but for some reason he wasn't getting the site I was trying to give him. It was 4 gdamn letters. How can you possibly not understand 'M as in mouse'? (Give me a break, it was the first word I could think of).  I've concluded, next time around, I'm giving the most ridiculous examples EVER so there is no confusion. 
    "Oh, you need the website for Google?"
    "It's G as in Galapagos, O as in Octomom, O as in Onomatopoeia..."  You get the picture.
  • These hour long bodyworks classes at the gym are a killer! All these reps and moves with 3lb and 5lb weights have me hurtin the next day! I'm pretty certain I'm seeing better results from this than the free weight routine I was doing myself back in the winter (with much heavier weights). I've shifted the focus now to an even 50/50 of cardio and strength training. I'll keep doing different things until nothing is challenging anymore. I've read about a pure barre workout http://www.purebarre.com/ that sounds really amazing, but at $225/mo and locations only in Philly- no dice on that one.
  • The "i" key on my laptop is acting up. Suuuuuper annoying.
  • My west coast trip is looking like mid-July. Should Will be a blast. Might even get a flight for less than $500! I've made absolutely zero progress on any other vacaton plans. I'm taking this as a sign. Like Oprah said today, "listen to the voice and let it guide you."  Well, I'm not hearing any voice, but if I haven't been able to come up with a plan in the past 3 months I've been talking about this, maybe that's a sign that I'm going to win a really big trip, and I should save my time off for that! OK, far fetched and pathetic, but I'm not going to push it any longer. I'm rollin with whatever happens and if that means I take ten 3-day weekends, so be it. I'll save the $$ for my Africa trip which I will go on before I'm 35.

I'm getting waaay too predictable, aren't I? Yes, so here it is. The random pic to go along with the random-themed blog. Anatomy of a crochet hook? Don't say you didn't learn something new today. (You're welcome)

 

No comments: