Sunday, May 8, 2011

Nice weather = Lazy blogging

Ahh, I'm startin to slip! This blogging thing is easy when the weather's bad, but once it starts getting nicer, it's easier to put it off another day... and another...and another... until months go by and I'm off the wagon again.

Won't let it happen!

So I missed the live news of the Osama hit. Slept right through that one due to thorough exhaustion from the run last Sunday. I took 5 full days off to allow my legs to return to normal... annnnd ate everything in site the days following! So gratifying! I have a 5K in 2 weeks, so I should be good for that. I had a nice leisurely jog today. Crazy how your mind knows you can slack when the big event is over. I do much better with pressure or some sort of goal I have to meet. I kept up my workouts last summer, even in the 95+ degree heat. I was conditioned to handle desert temps by August. Guess I'll just keep on runnin...

Worked a fun event on Cindo de Mayo. Tequila is a really great drink- for those who don't have the 'spring break horror stories' or the 'tequila makes me crazy' excuse. Drink some of the really good stuff- Cuervo Platino or the Reserva de la Familia and one might change their tune.

I'm looking to get on the water soon. I really like canoeing, even though a lot of people find it boring. There's a few lakes near here, within an hour. Getting on the water once it's warm is the best. This type of boating doesn't activate my motion sickness, thankfully. Still have to get to the amusement park too, and do the rest of the things on my list. I have a feeling this could be a really great summer. Just need one thing to come together, which I'm really hoping it does. If not, I have no one to blame but myself.    

Living on the top floor does have its perks sometimes

No comments: