Saturday, May 28, 2011

French Open

Watching some great French Open tennis, and excited for my upcoming favorite- Wimbledon!

Looking forward to see Roger play fellow Swiss Stan Wawrinka. That's gotta be tough to play a friend, especially someone you've won a gold medal with in doubles! Competition trumps friendship in big tournaments like this. With all their back and forth rivalry, if Roger and Rafa can manage to be friends off the court, anyone can. I can't say how I'd feel, but there has to be some guilt when you lob that sneaky shot right over the net and the other person has zero chance of running up to volley.

If you haven't noticed, I have a slight obsession addiction liking for Roger Federer. I've been following him since 2004ish, seeing him beat Andy Roddick, Rafa, Novak, and countless others. I've commented on his website fan forum lots of times, but haven't actually sent anything to the fan postal address in Switzerland (see, I'm not totally crazy!) That streak of 5 Wimbledon titles in a row was by far my favorite. Definitely remember being late for work because I couldn't miss watching him win! Gotta run. More later... go Roger!

Only he could look this good after hours of high intensity play.

No comments: