Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summertime...almost

If we want to get all specific, Summer doesn't really begin until June 21, give or take a few hours. Summer solstice- longest day of the year!

Today's hot! Luckily, when you live in a place as small as mine, it takes about 10 min to get the entire place to 70deg. At least coming home to a cool place is comforting, discovering there is no food anywhere and no more Oprah at 4pm (many sad faces!) Always nice to hear the splish-splash of all the retired folk, lounging with their wacky noodles in the pool. I've lived here a while and I despise going to the pool. People are nosy and they are such gawkers! I know most have at least 40yrs on me, but I don't need the stares. It's gross, awkward, and just plain uncomfortable. Plus there's just something about public pools that skeeves me out. Someone's private pool is fine, but I've always felt no amount of chlorine can kill all the nastiness a public pool holds, with 30 people sharing the same water. Ew, I have to stop talking about it now.

Random tip: Don't bother watching Messengers 2: The Scarecrow. Terrible wannabe horror flick. Give me something that's really scary! The only ones that really do it are the psycho-thrillers like Saw. I don't really prefer those, but these haunted cornfield things aren't cutting it (or shall I say harvesting? Okay, bad joke. Not even funny. 2 out of 10)

From Scarecrows to....... scary good tennis! My transitions are horrible today, my God!
Roger put away Monfils, and next it's on to Djokovic! The stakes are high and that will be an incredible match. I can't wait! I'm reallly pullin for Roger. Both should be amped up with confidence, but has been on fire these past few months. Roger has the experience and mental toughness, and anywhere he goes, the crowd loves him. I'll be so sad if he loses... but Wimbledon is just around the corner.

Gym time. Don't feel like it, but if I keep moving and get ready, not allowing myself time to talk myself out of it, I'm halfway there and it's no turning back. Discipline. It's not always easy or fun, but without it, your life is one step away from a hot mess!

No comments: