Sunday, September 25, 2011

Almost Time

It's almost here! Yay! After a really great Friday and Saturday I've followed through on my plan for a productive Sunday. Everything is almost done. I get so super excited for trips. I'm glad traveling isn't a part of my job, as I know it would kill any excitement I get stepping inside an airport.

Africa is the next big trip in the plans. That definitely requires a lot more planning, $$ and time off. There's not much more to do than book it with a reputable tour guide and let them take care of planning everything. There's always the concerns of malaria and such, but from the few people I know who have gone, it's a must do at some point in your life.

I can't imagine how great it would be if I were on the 10mo schedule at work. I'd take those 2 months off and do Europe from one side to the other. I haven't ever seen the entire US, but I can guarantee Switzerland is a lot more exciting than Oklahoma. The size of our country alone makes it difficult to hit a lot of different states in one shot. You can drive the entire width of Ireland in less time than it takes to go from Philly to Pittsburgh.

Off the travel topic... I worked 2 great events yesterday. The Guinness events might be my favorite out of everything we do. Because it is a specialized pour, people are always so shocked we actually know what we're talking about when we run these promotions at bars. I would hope so, as Diageo is pouring loads of $$ into executing these events. I've already been there, but I might have to take a trip back to St James Gate. After launches in test market cities, Guinness has come out with their own lager, aptly named: Guinness Black Lager. So if you're looking to switch from the usual Yeungling that everyone drinks, give this a try.

No comments: