Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday Randoms

Every time I turn around it's Wednesday again. Not a bad thing. Especially when it's time for.... you guessed it.... (do I even have to say it at this point?)

  • I'll start off my Wednesday randomness with an observation that as I sit here and churn out these words of wisdom, I feel like I'm in a terrarium (Google if you don't know). 80deg and 90% humidity makes for one big can't-win fight with the indoor temperature.
  • I've managed to get myself on every distribution list for running events. The most recent today was the 'Skeleton Skurry 5K'. This is part of the same holiday theme events who also run the 'Turkey Trot' and 'Reindeer Romp' (love it!). Truth be told, I ran the Reindeer Romp last year... 2 weeks before Christmas, in 35 degree overcast, windy weather. I did this for no other reason than I realllly liked the reindeer logo on the shirt, and considering when it comes to Christmas, this #1 fan toughed it out through the cold. And I've worn that shirt maybe twice. Perhaps I have an affinity for alliterations and 5Ks? I give ya nothing but the truth people. No lies on this blog.
Yes, this is the logo that sucked me in.

  • My man Fed is on the hunt for revenge against Tsonga. On a non-Roger side note, I was really impressed watching Alexandr Dolgopolov play Djokovic. He's 22, lightning fast, and built more like a soccer player than a tennis player. Novak beat him, but he brought some fire that really caught him off guard in the first set (and an intense tiebreak). I'm keeping my eye on him.
  • Not surprised to see lots of ads for September 11th and all the 10th anniversary shows and events. Knowing my love of current events, and incessant thirst for anything newsworthy, I was all over the coverage after this happened. I watched all the documentaries, all the in-depth interviews with the police and fire departments. Deep stuff. Since I moved into my building, the few times I take the stairs and I'm out of breath at the 8th floor, (these are those deep concrete, no-joke stairs), I can't imagine having an extra 75lbs of gear and climbing 100+ floors to save everyone. Obviously there's a lot more I think about when that date is brought up, but every time I climb those stairs, that image always flashes in my mind.
  • Definitely bummed there's no more Danny Bonnaduce on WYSP in the mornings. His 'Life Coach' segment was the perfect way to end my drive to work at 7:30 every morning. That just means more time to listen to my carefully crafted play list on my phone. Unlimited downloads is such a beautiful thing. I'm constantly adding new songs and searching for the hottest remix.
  • The only good thing about the Republican candidates debate tonight is the fact Brian Williams is moderating. Enough said.
  • Still bitter with Chris Meloni for ducking out of Law & Order SVU.  Let's see if Danny Pino from Cold Case can bring it. Stabler was such a great multi-dimensional character, but I'm looking forward to the shift in dynamic with the lead cops.
  • Some excitement at Job2 with a new sampling concept- a mobile wine bar! I was pretty disappointed when my Wegman's event was cancelled due to hurricane hysteria a couple weeks ago, so this event should be really great. My features wines are (get ready for the Diageo name drop) A by Acacia Chardonnay and Acacia Carneros Pinot Noir. Both fantastic wines; of course, I prefer the red, but this event should be really fun, engaging, full of sales, and a great refresher for me in the wine category- so so much to learn. I can't wait  : )

No comments: