Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday Randoms

Happy 1-week-til-vacation to me!
  • I thought I had a spark of brilliance today. Listening to a few different stories and situations, I thought up the perfect thing to describe all the nonsense. That is, until I checked http://www.urbandictionary.com/ and found out it was not so unique after all.
    SYAD!
    Ever heard of that one? Let me spell it out for you: Sit Your(Yo) Ass Down!
    Used to describe people who are acting ridiculous, out of sorts, or downright stupid and who need to be told about it.
  • My example for today? All the whiners and complainers about the new Facebook page setup. Get over it and... SYAD! Have they no concept of change? Are these the same people who get all flustered when someone takes their 'usual' parking spot? Or someone who scoffs at change because 'that's the way it's always been done'?  New flash people: you will be left in the dust if you refuse to adapt and move with the current of change. Who wants to sit around and do the same thing over and over? Aren't we a more complex species than that? Come on. Quit the whining over a few cosmetic changes Mark Zuckerberg cooked up and focus your energy on something worthwhile. Okay. Rant complete.
  • Got a cool new digital camera. This is in addition to my SLR. At 14 megapixels, I can't wait to see what I come back from vacation with... I love new toys.
  • Summer's over and I'm back to Casper. What little 'tan' I had from running outside all summer (or from that tan in a bottle I used a time or two) is loooong gone. Back to my natural shade of ghost. Yes, I realize in the big picture this is extremely insignificant, but between the red eye in every picture taken of me (with a non-pro camera) and the pale, I should just change every pic of myself to b&w. Whatevs
  • For all the non-coffee drinkers out there like me, I highly recommend a pomegranate black tea. Amazing flavor without all the sweetness. At least with fall arriving, I won't have to drink boiling hot tea in 90deg like I did during summer.
  • Wondering if I should dress up for Halloween this year. A few years ago it was so much fun working a promo on Halloween and being a Guinness witch, branded black pointy hat and all! Oddly enough, I've been a witch several times for Halloween in my life... hmmm
  • Sigh. I miss Oprah at 4pm
  • I just read REM broke up after 31 years. Whoa. That's a long time to spend with the same group of people no matter who you are. They had some great albums for sure.
  • About a month to go until the 8mi Halloween run. I think I'm going to keep running 5, and then just bang out 8 that day. What's an extra 3 miles when there's goodies at the end? No sense in overtraining. Don't worry, I'll definitely own up to it if I run a crappy time!
Alright, I'm all randomed out for the day. Gotta go- I've got a suitcase to pack!

No comments: