Friday, April 15, 2011

Blog... Month 3

I said back in February I was gonna stick with this... and I have! Although I'm a little disappointed... this has turned into more of an online journal than a blog, in my mind at least. I always thought of blogs as having topics and current themes. This is an abridged version of my rambling thoughts, edited carefully since this is all public. Wouldn't want to make waves with my super extreme opinions now, would I?

What's a new post from me without a complete shift in topic...and go!

Why am I still up writing this? It's not like I worked a 12hr day, went to the bar for some Fri night cocktails...oh wait. I did do that. ALL of that. It's like the "you're so tired, you're actually no longer tired" feeling. I'm not whining. It's Friday, D and I needed to unwind, so we did. He'll be moving to Florida soon, so that will be one less pal around. I can look forward to some future Ft Lauderdale visits, but it's always sad when friends move away.

Maybe I'm next to do the moving? That would be possible, had I not a very secure, very good job that I love. After all those years being miserable and hating what I was doing, I can't let go of a good thing that fast. My job was a brand new position in its own department, something I've molded and defined myself. I've taken ownership and run things exactly how I want, and how it works best. That's not something I can let go of easily. When I step back and think of all the things I dreamed my perfect job would have- this one has it. All those things I wished for-year after year, finnnnnally came true. I never thought they would. I've never been more happy to be proven wrong.

I'm snacking on those M&Ms again, and I swear every few I get a peanut butter M&M, instead of the regular milk choc flavor. Speaking of food, which I do at least 5x in every blog post, I had quite the mediocre hoagie at Wawa today. I thought "little bit of oil" meant just that; not having the bread saturated. The hot peppers were barely hot, and they cram all the tomatoes, pickles, etc right on the top, Subway style, instead of putting them in the right way. I feel okay complaining about this, because I personally feel I would be a pretty great hoagie maker, had I the chance. While we're on the topic....

What was everyone's first job?
[silence]

Oh right, that's the sound of silence coming from my reader-less blog. Whatevs : )

I read an article online today that said McDonald's is in the midst of a huuuge hiring boom. It also said 10% of Americans worked for the golden arches at some point in their lives. Hmmm... and why are we a country with an obesity epidemic??  They get free food every shift they work! My first job was a joke. The pay was also a joke, but I stayed throughout high school because I met some of the greatest friends at that job.

Now I'm starting to feel tired. Rainy day tomorrow. It's been a week since I've gone for a long run. Ahh! Sunday should be 65 and sunny. I'm going for 8mi, the max I'm doing before May 1.  As long as I'm hydrated, I'm confident I can do it.

P.S.
I've noticed typos in some of my posts. I run spell check and try to look it over, but sometimes I miss... so.... oops!

No comments: