Friday, April 22, 2011

Summer Fashion

Time for a fun topic. I should be cleaning...not blogging... but since I make the rules here, I'm blowing it off! Ha! Feels so great to be defiant!

Hooray for Spring! The Earth has taken its sweet time going around the sun and the best months of the year are finally upon us. Summer is right around the corner, which means off with the coats and bring on some fabulous finds!

Girls most definitely have the advantage over guys on this one. Jeans, dresses, skirts, shorts- all kinds of options. Guys have the opportunity to switch their jeans for shorts (but please NOT jean shorts) and hoodies for tshirts. Not a whole lot of fun! Then again, most guys dedicate about 2% of their day to their clothing choices. Goes something like...
"Is it clean?"
"Did I just wear this?"  "Will I be hanging out with the same people again today, since I just wore this yesterday?"

Not picking on the guys, but it's just not their thing. And for those whose thing it IS... well... they can be found hosting shows on E! and the Style Network making over disastrous strangers on the street.

Here's my dilemma: I love clothes, I love the ever-changing styles and trends revealed with each passing season BUT... I have nowhere to wear this stuff! My day job (which doesn't require formal business wear, thank God) has flexibility for a little personal expression, but dealing in the education field, constantly representing your school to new families and students, really doesn't leave a lot of options to let your inner Vogue shine. My night job, while fabulous in its own right, has a set uniform for each event. No luck there either. The rest of the time I'm in jeans and some variation of a black shirt. Oh, and the workout gear. Simple and functional. And usually black. I'm not worried about matching when I'm banging out a long run. Don't worry, I tend to put away the black when the temps start hitting 80. I was wearing a lot of white last summer now that I think about it...

I enjoy paging through Vogue, Allure, and WWD to see the different collections. Let me preface this by saying many of the "trends" are downright ridiculous. Ridiculous as they may be though, some of it is so cutting edge and avant-garde, you have to appreciate the designers behind it. I have no desire to sport runway fashions, but many of these preview shows held the season before influence what we see in stores. I'm looking to pick up a few different items to add to my wadrobe this summer. Remember, this is coming from someone who wears black most of the time and has a little addiction to black boots- worn year round. Here are a few things I like. This realllly makes me want to hit KOP.




No comments: