Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'm Ready!

I'm confident I'm ready for Broad St in 2 weeks. Funny how I actually run better and faster when I run less! The new shoes a few weeks ago definitely helped, and the past 2 weeks I've slacked eased up on the treadmill nonsense at the gym. (I've grown to hate the treadmill btw, with a passion.) This wasn't intentional, but due to working too many side jobs, other misc appointments, meetings, etc. I just couldn't get there.

I knew I ran better if I had 2 days off in a row, but 7 days off?!? How does this figure? Oh well, I'm going with it! No sense or need to "cram for the exam" now. I've been training since January, I did 8.5 today and could've made it to 10... but I'll save that for May 1. Then I can feel all accomplished while surrounded by tens of thousands of sweaty people feeling the same way. It still surprises me how much of it really is a mental battle. Sure you feel tired, achy, thirsty... but you can keep going, and that's what I've done. Thankfully I haven't had any of the problems a few of my friends have had while training. After this is done I'll still keep running, just not as long of a distance. I've gotta get back on my tennis game! The best part about running though- no partner or equipment needed! It will be a fun morning. I've been wise not to overdo it, so come race day... I gotta BRING IT!


So I check the mail yesterday and got a plesant surprise- my free samples came!  I always forget about these things until they show up. This one is for Emergen-C, that flavored powder supplement you add to water. I didn't know I was gonna get so hooked up! I think I saw the link on Twitter a few weeks ago, took 30 seconds and went to the website, filled out the form, and voila! Pretty simple. I usually never get junk mail from any of these offers either. They make you put an email, but I have a junk email addy specifically for things like this, where I go in and delete everything every few weeks. This is probably the 4th or 5th sample I've received in the past year. It's a fun surprise to get in the mail, and if I like it, I'll start buying it- a win for them!

I never seek out offers like this, I usually just stumble upon them while reading a magazine or seeing a commercial. It's surprising companies are still offering stuff considering most have tightened the financial reigns on every facet of their business. You gotta do something for marketing though, right? And here I am blogging about it AND posting a pic! Too bad for Emergen-C, there's probably 5 people reading this blog ; )

Here's what I got. I may have to give them a Facebook 'like' or a Twitter follow for this  : )

The Acai Berry flavor looks good...

Easter is this Sunday, and another 3-day weekend for me! Friday off this time. I'll be heading back down to DE, where maaaaaybe there will be a egg hunt for me and my sisters!!  Or maybe not. 
That reminds me of a realllly funny story...
Every Easter we'd each get a basket, filled with candy and goodies and other things. My parents The Easter Bunny would hide these baskets, leave a note (written left-handed by my parents), and we'd wake up and have to search for them. Our old house was a decent size, so any room downstairs was game. This one year Easter fell on a later date, and it was super warm. The basket must have been hidden the night before, where the screen door to the patio was left open. We woke up, started tearing through the house looking for them, and my sister shreiked when she discovered her basket in the sunroom, right next to the patio, had ants all over it!!! Hahaha! She was a good sport, but still upset, and of course we had to do the Jesus-friendly thing of sharing our candy with her. My mom despises that green plastic grass that gets everywhere, so in recent years she converted to a more earth-friendly crinkled paper grass (not the same).

No comments: