Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday Randoms

Worked late tonight. So now I'm home, full of energy I always get working a later shift and I have no outlet for it. So get excited- it's time for Wednesday randoms! Free-flowing thoughts from my mind to this page. A burst of randomness. Here we go...
  • I've been guilty of driving too close behind others on many occasions. Shocking to think I get ticked when people do this to me. However, I seem to get less ticked if someone is driving my same SUV in the same color, as if it were a family member tailing me other than a complete stranger. Or maybe I feel a sense of camaraderie since we share the same taste in cars. Ridiculous all around.
  • Contacts are really bugging my lately. Some days I feel I have a built in barometer sitting on my eyeballs as they get so irritated by dry air and any major changes in weather.
  • I had grilled octopus on my salad today and I've realized I need to work octopus into my menu a little more often. It's not the easiest to find, so this may have to be limited to dining out, but it's sooooo good!
  • Watched the premiere of 'The Voice' on NBC last night. I'm a fan. The concept of judging someone based on their talent and not looks was headed for extinction, especially in a reality show format. The judges are pretty good too. Adam Levine is a little too cocky for his own good, and while undeniably talented, Christina Aguleira is really just a bleached-out peroxide version of Snookie. Really. Do a side by side and you'll see what I mean.
  • Donald Trump is out of control. Does he really think anyone will take him seriously? I will vote for Oprah with Gayle as her running mate before I would ever consider voting for the Donald.
  • Broad Street. 3 days!!!!
  • Japan. How quickly they've been bumped from the headlines to make way for the Royal Wedding. Don't get me wrong- British pop culture has always been an interest of mine, and I've been up on the Wills and Kate thing since the early 00s (that decade abbreviation just looks so weird!), but come on. Let these two have their wedding, try to achieve some sense of normalcy about the situation and focus on some bigger issues going on. Like....
  • Gas prices! Ugh! I bought my 2nd SUV 6 months ago knowing this was a possibility, but it's just getting to the point of sickening. I remember when it was $0.99/gal, right as I started college I think. I used to love to go out for a drive on a nice day and not a thought crossed my mind about the gas I was wasting. Not anymore!
  • Glad to hear the duck that took up residence in the local Chik Fil-A parking lot had some little ducklings hatch yesterday. Why this quacker thought building her nest in the middle of a fast food lot (nowhere near a water source) was wise, I'm not sure. A little media attention got her some fencing around the nest, and it seems society left her alone and now she and the little fuzzy ducks can be relocated by wildlife staff somewhere more appropriate. (Duck- get yourself a good real estate agent next time!)
  • I sit some days and think time goes sooo slowly, but then it seems every time I turn around I'm doing my month end expense report again.
  • If SNL held an open casting call, I would show up.
  • Got home after dark and didn't leave any lights on for my birds. My poor feathered children. I'm such a bad mom.

     
  • Random post calls for.... a random picture! Who doesn't want Das Auto emblazoned on their toast?

 

No comments: