Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring means... baby animals!

The link below is must click. A MUST!!  I've watched this pair of eagles and their babies for about 2 weeks now. The little fuzzies are looking a little awkward, but I'm sure they'll turn into beautiful eagles in no time! I watched the third egg hatch a couple weeks ago, and they're so big already.

I know the nest is enormous, but every time I watch the cam (daily!), I get nervous one of the little eagles are going to go over the edge. It's so funny to see the mom eagle shifting around and not seeming annoyed, but slightly irritated these guys keep squirming around the nest.

Cutest Birdcam EVER!

A little weird looking... but still cute!
At my old house I watched a family of robins in May when I was home for break from SJU. They built a nest in the wisteria vine that ran the length of our front porch. Whenever I was done goofing at my part time job working, I'd come home and surf the internet, where I had a perfect view of their nest. I watched the eggs hatch, the babies pop their heads out of the nest, the mom and dad tirelessly hunt and bring back worms, and finally, when they were big enough, fly away.
Love it.

No comments: