Thursday, April 14, 2011

BUSTED!

Oh Boy.

We know there is HOT NEWS goin round when I come home and find gangs of old people congregated in the parking lots, gossiping up a storm.

Hmmm. This could mean a few things:

1. Another idiot burnt the pan of chocolate chip cookies and set the smoke alarm off.
2. Mildred on the 4th floor passed and plans for Shiva are being discussed.
3. The Pool Committee is steaming because the lounge chairs haven't been powerwashed yet   (Memorial weekend IS 6 weeks away you know!)

OR

Somethin really shady/scandalous/gossip-worthy went down and we all wanna know and spread the details ASAP!

Bingo!

So I pull in, see the crowds, park, and notice a sign on the lobby door:
"Come to the meeting to hear why [Manager] and [Asst Mgr] were terminated"

The news everyone has been thirsting for since the shakedown in January!! Finally- no more hiding under the "counsel has advised us not to speak about it"- the truth shall be told!!! Shout it from the mountain top! Call a meeting! Update your Facebook status!!!!

And this was the one night I had to work til 8.

All it took was a puzzled look on my face and my 80-something neighbor to see it when he says: "You missed a good meeting!"
"Well" I said... "Fill me in!"

In the exact 20 seconds it takes to reach the 8th floor, he told me Manager 1 forged and embezzled various checks and invoices to the tune of $500K!!!!  OMG!!!  Asst Mgr was a little less at $30K, but still.... how can you expect to do this and not to get caught?!?!


Sorry...I'm back... I had my ear to the hallway door listening to my neighbors talk for the past 20min, one of whom was on the Council for 6yrs. (Damn right I'm gonna eavesdrop for some hot gossip) Turns out they did some forensic investigation with the banking and checks, and Manager 1 had his hand in the till for a loooong time, was arrested today, and is now sittin in jail, unable to post bail!!! HAHAHAAHAH! Karma's a bitch!!  For that kind of $$, he has to be looking at a few years jail time. It's like McDonald's: I'm lovin it!

Juicy gossip for sure, but the bottom line is: I need out! This condo living, while convenient, easy, and very affordable, was a short term plan on my punch list of life... and 7yrs is not fitting the definition of short. Using the Law of Attration as discussed inThe Secret, if I focus, concentrate and will what I want, the Universe will pretty much throw it in the form of a line drive right to me.

Let the willing begin.


On an unrelated side note, today must have been my once-every-5-years-I-get-a-nail-in-my-tire day. I left the office, stopped at Wawa and was on my way to HHS when I had the window cracked, and no music on (which I never do) and thought I heard this faint smacking sound.  I listen again and KNOW the tire is either getting flat or has something stuck in it. Oh great. I drive super slow until I get to HHS. I get out (afraid to look), and see a nice big screw/nail right in the tread. Sweet! I have to work from 5pm-8pm and it's now 4:45 and I gotta call Triple A. So I call, and they say someone will be there in 15min. 10min later I get a call from this Mexican guy (not rascist, stating facts) who says he's pulling up. I go outside, he jumps out of the tow truck, flops himself on the ground, says "I know what you need". Oookay. He then pulls out some pliers and other various items you'd find in someone's junk drawer. In no more than 3 minutes, he pulls out the screw, jams what looks like a Twizzler bent in half into the hole, and sprays some kind of tire detailing spray on it, announcing "Is done!"

Riiight. And I'm supposed to feel secure driving 80 on the highway with a licorice jammed in my tread? He doesn't take my name, my card, my registration- nothing. So I guess I'll go to the auto body place that's oh-so-conveniently located next to my office tomorrow and make sure Speedy Gonzales didn't ---- my ---- up.

Tomorrow is.... Friday.
Yessss.

No comments: