Sunday, March 20, 2011

Less Than 2 Months To Go...

Ah!

The Broad St run is less than 2 months away! I've been stepping up my training, and starting to think about it more and more. Got some new, much needed running shoes today. My bad for not realizing I bought my current ones last May. I've run hundreds of miles since then, and could really tell the difference going for a run today in the new ones. Oops.

I strayed from my beloved Nikes and went with Saucony this time. Not in love with the color (white with grey/mint green accents) or the white laces, but sometimes looks aren't the top priority. 2 months should be plenty of time to break them in before the big day. I've told myself, as an emergency last minute out, I can always turn the Broad St run into the Broad Street walk if things get really bad... that would be just shameful though. Downright wrong. I can do this. I'm not going for superhero times here, just to finish it and not pass out at the end. Totally doable.

I like planning everything out as much as possible, so you can bet everything, down to the rubberband holding my ponytail, will be carefully selected to stay put, and not irritate me at any point during this run. Everything I eat and drink (no alcohol) the week before will be carefully selected as well. I better get started on the most kick ass playlist known to man to make the 2hrs fly by. I've been changing my workouts up by adding some hill sprints. This brings me right back to HS when they used to make us do them over and over and over during lacrosse season. All that stuff is easy breezy when you have 20 of your friends goofing off and doing it with you, no FT job, time constraints, schedules, etc to worry about. I'm not complaining. I mean, I could always try and gather up 20 people to run the hills with me...and I'm pretty sure 90% of my friends would give a big fat emphatic NO to my invitation.

So I will continue preparing, and in less than 2 months I can add another 10 to the total miles logged on my new-ish shoes  : )

No comments: