Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Randoms

A cold, yet sunny Monday to start the week. I'll take cold and sun over mild and cloudy any day. I get the afternoon sun at my place, which I wasn't so happy about in the beginning, but I wasn't exactly carrying a compass when the realtor was showing me places either. The strongest sunlight comes between 3:30-sunset in the spring/summer months. That is a gift during those heat waves that have decided to pay some nasty visits the past few summers.

Finished a really great book last night- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. All sorts of messages about vanity, image, the struggles with growing old. Without trying to write a professional review, I'll just say I highly recommend it. Now to pick my next Kindle read... I've been looking through all the free ones, and trying to get some classics out of the way (kinda insulting to refer to reading classics as getting them "out of the way"... but anyway) I'm sure I'll find something worthwhile.

Reading some news links on the radiation from Japan supposedly hitting the east coast is a bit unnerving. I know some people who are seriously contemplating the idea of escape/emergency plans and stockpiling food and supplies in case "disaster" strikes. I don't know if I'll go that far, but it's never too far from my mind that life as we know it can change in a flash. Many people, most everyone I know, never look beyond their plans for the weekend, or what color to get at their next manicure. Everything could disappear in one... big... flash. Unlikely? Yes. At least I entertain the fact it's a possibly, no matter how slim the chances.

Back to reality. Time to watch Nightly, so I can see what other dooms and disasters are on the horizon  : )

No comments: