Monday, March 14, 2011

Randoms

No theme to this particular post- just whatever I've been thinking about recently in a bulleted format. Sure to be off-the-charts random.
  • Made quite possibly the worst pizza tonight. Never thought "worst" and "pizza" were two words that could find their way into the same sentence, but yea... it was.... not so great. Simply put, it tasted like an english muffin with cheese on top. So much for the fresh dough idea  : \
  • Japan and this tsunami aftermath is mind boggling. First earthquakes, then tsunamis, and now both with complications of radioactivity thrown on top. Yikes. Thailand, Haiti, Chile, and now Japan. Since we're not the ones experiencing these horrors, are natural disasters bound to become more white noise in the background of our busy lives, much like the never-ending drama in the Middle East? Hopefully the world won't fall in the pattern of disaster, excessive media coverage, celebrity-packed charity concert thrown by the US weeks later... rinse and repeat. 
  • My Kindle and I are becoming pretty tight. The battery life is amazing and after 7 books finished, it's become just like reading a regular paper book. I'm trying to read a diverse selection of books spanning all genres. Classics, modern fiction, biographies... I have a feeling my most recent choice of 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' won't be a blast through like some of the more recent choices. Sometimes the whole slavery theme just isn't that enticing before you go to sleep.
  • Never really finished the grandiose plans for redecorating my bedroom. Got a little sidetracked before the holidays. The walls are the perfect neutral canvas to take it in many directions; so neutral the tan and white sometimes has me feeling like I'm sitting inside a life size latte. I have the vision and the resources, but almost 7 years in... it's just not worth putting all my effort into. I'm wasn't even planning on being here this long.
  • After taking last summer off (not entirely by choice), thinking of getting back into my tennis game this spring/summer. Once the tournaments start, that's when I'm usually dying to play.  Wimbledon always gets me. Especially when Roger was owning it back to back years.
  • Still haven't finalized any vacation plans. I always have some trip booked out in the future to look forward to. I'll put that on the next task list.
  • Sometimes things just hit you. Common sense things you should know, but a thousand different distractions get in the way of your otherwise rational thinking. Logic doesn't always win the first time around. But it wins, eventually.
     
  • And... what better way to end a random blog posting then with a completely random pic.

No comments: