Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Misc Thoughts on a Tuesday

I wanted to pull an Office Space tonight on my printer. You know the scene- they kidnap the difficult printer/fax/copier and beat it to pieces in a field. A truly bonding coworker experience for sure. I still don't understand how it randomly acts up twice a year. It should be as easy as plugging in, making sure the ink is full and hitting print... buuuuut it's not!  I've only held out a little patience with it because I use (successfully) it as a scanner. How else will I load up all those old pics?

On a lighter note... when I first heard about that cobra slithering out of the reptile house at the Bronx Zoo, I found it rather funny. I'm really laughing now that someone has created a snake profile on Twitter (@BronxZoosCobra) and has been tweeting snake-themed messages for the past 2 days. Yes, you bet I'm following him! 

Some highlights:
Taking the Sex and the City Tour!!! I'm totally a SSSamantha. #snakeonthetown

Just FYI, I've had it with Samuel L Jackson too.

Maybe I'm the one with a simple mind, but this is exactly the type of thing I find hilarious. At least there's still something to laugh about despite all the other tragedies happening in this world.

Soo...Tuesday is over and it's been a great start to the week. It's only going to get crazier as the weekend nears, so I'm enjoying it now!

Once the weather gets nicer and things begin to bloom, it's time to take the camera out for a few hours and wander around for some excellent material. I had a plan to take the best pic from each season from my albums and get them properly framed, but I've been slacking on that.  I have some really good winter ones, and a few spring... just need to work on the summer/fall. Does it count if they were taken in another country...?

Here's one of my most favorite winter pics and another good one I took in Ireland (it was summer there at the time)
Love how those red berries pop with color in an otherwise ordinary winter scene

Muckross Gardens in Killarney National Park

No comments: