Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Too much

This is going to be a bit of a rambling rant I have a feeling... so be prepared

So I just got home from a really frustrating commute home. Thanks to the folks at PennDot for jamming up 476! (clapping) I have no idea what they're doing or trying to accomplish, but I think they play switcharoo with the concrete barriers every single night... for fun!  It's like a new road every day when I drive home. God help the out of towners or those people I loathe completely who lack any kind of merging skills.

My Yankee 'Spiced Pumpkin' air freshener decided to work OT today, bringing back memories of the Thanksgiving dinner table (not exactly the smell I want on Mardi Gras...but what smell do I want on Mardi Gras? Beignets, or some of those delish donuts perhaps? Yes, much more so than the spiced pumpkin...I do love pumpkin though... OK run on sentence getting out of hand...)

Anyway

The pumpkin, the traffic, all this combined with the powdery smell of 120 baby diapers in my back seat created an almost nauseating 35min driving experience. (Note: the diapers are part of the gift for the baby shower I'm going to this Sun. NOT mine)

Anyone who knows me, knows I can smell anything, at all times. This can be a good thing, but many times it's a baaaad thing. Baaad with multiple As.  I'll spare you the details. Point is, the trafficky, pumpkin-diaper-smelling drive home was... not relaxing! 

There should be a life-size version of Febreeze for the entire world. Not that I believe spraying your clothes/fabrics/whatever-they-advertise-you-can-spray-it-on is any substitute for actually washing them, but imagine if, with just one spray, we could Febreeze all the unplesant smells away!  Like the woman who came in my office today smelling like Chinese takeout (Febreeze her!), or the kitchen the next morning after you cook some bangin tacos the night before (cause you know that lingers til the next morning) Give me life size Febreeze, or a magic wand, something!!

I will say though, I'll take the spiced pumpkin/baby powder smell any day over the smell of cigarette smoke. I won't even start with that one.

OK
I'm done.

And breathing in through my mouth the rest of the night.

No comments: