Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thumbs up POTUS


Definitely a good thing to see the Obamas recognize the epidemic of bullying. It's a huge problem, and often ignored, but bringing national attention to this issue will hopefully help stop it. I know my school has a zero tolerance policy on this, but I can't even imagine what goes on inside and outside schools today, especially at the "cyber" level.

Of course, everyone agrees it's wrong, terrible, shocking, and so on... but it's still going on. It's sickening to hear of elementary age kids killing themselves because no one listened or reported things they witnessed at school.

There has to be a way to stop this; not overnight, but quickly. You can only put so much blame on the parents. I could go on forever... but I think this says it best:

Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.  -Dalai Lama

No comments: