Thursday, March 24, 2011

No Surf Zone

Nope, not talking about the ocean or catching a rad wave. I'm talking about how I had to bring my laptop in the kitchen tonight in order to force myself to get a few things done.  You see, standing in a very small kitchen such as mine is not conducive for random internet surfing, which I am so guilty of, so often.

I had 3 things that needed to get done, and standing in the kitchen with the laptop squeezed between the cutting board and the food processor was the only way to force myself to do it. When I sit on the couch, put the laptop on my lap and start "getting to work", inevitably I need to check then news, then some pics on Facebook, then that new item on Sephora's site I must have... then 45min have gone by and the "work" still sits incomplete. I was also cooking some quinoa at the time, so this laptop-to-kitchen relocation wasn't a comepletely scatterbrained idea. Everything's done, food is cooked, and I just wasted 10 more minutes blogging about it  : )

No comments: