Wednesday, August 10, 2011

.-- . -.. -. . ... -.. .- -.-- / .-. .- -. -.. --- -- ...

(Morse code for Wednesday Randoms. Really? Yes. )
  • What if Wednesday Randoms went big time? Like, ad-sponsored blogger big time? I'd be okay with it, never fearing a shortage of material because this potpourri of random genius comes straight from me. And I will never run out of things to question, examine, ponder or rave about.
  • I might be the only person on the planet who loves going to the dentist. Why? Because my dentist is awesome, only slightly older than me, and I feel like I'm visiting old friends every time I go. I went today, and it's such a pleasant experience. My dentist runs too, and suggested I come for a run with her club in the fall. I just might do that.
  • This random violence, both locally and internationally, is out of control and plain horrifying. High speed chases in Philly, daily shootings, mandatory curfews… And then everything going on in London. These people are acting like complete savages, and using my beloved Twitter to coordinate their criminal acts! I was happy to see the tables turn and the TT appearing to initiate a cleanup effort. Without some further thought, I can’t think of the proper way to punish the guilty ones. Permanent expulsion from your own country?
  • I met with a family today to re-enroll their kids in school after they took last school year off to sail up and down the east coast. Of course I had a million questions. They gave me the info for the blog their kids maintained (fellow bloggers unite!) and I can’t wait to read it. While the rest of their peers sat at home playing PS3, these kids were sailing to the Bahamas, New England, and stopping at tons of places along the way. Their parents incorporated a homeschooling lesson plan into this trip, (a stop at Six Flags to calculate G-forces was part of the Physics lesson. Yessss). What incredible memories and ample material for college essays! Like Europe, I think we should do the whole gap year thing over here. If I could go back in time, I might have opted to start school a year later and spend a year globetrotting.
  • Looking forward to some Italian BYOB tomorrow night with my oldest friend. She’s got a new gig and I’m so thrilled for her. I've got a bottle of Toscana and Chianti that are begging to be cracked open.
  • These military stories on Nightly get me every time. The surprise reunions when military parent come to their kids schools, and this one I'm watching now about the helicopter that was shot down in Afghanistan. This poor kid wrote the media a letter saying all they talked about was the loss of the Navy SEALs, and never once mentioned his dad, who was also killed piloting the helicopter.
  • Another gem from a convo with a parent today. http://www.houzz.com/  If you're like me, and pour over interior design and architecture magazines, this site is crazzzzy good. How did I not find it before?
  • I think I mentioned this on Twitter previously, but these face transplants they can do now are wild. The woman who was attacked by that rogue chimp recently had one. I guess if a monkey ripped my face off, I'd be game to have any face again.
  • Happy Birthday to Roger Federer, my most favorite athlete, who turned 30 on Monday. Welcome to the club!
  • Need to get back to the theater (ahem, I meant theatre) to catch some shows. I could see Phantom and West Side Story 100x and never get sick of them. I'll admit, I sometimes turn on the Broadway/Show Tunes channel on internet radio.
  • I need a Johnny Depp fix. I think it's time I watch Blow for the 462nd time.









A little small, but, as promised, here's the ghetto motel pic referenced in the post earlier this week

No comments: