Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday Randoms

Came up a little short on the creative headline. Nothing's worse than trying to outdo yourself and failing... soooo it's back to the original. Until I come up with something brilliant (just you wait)

Another crazy day at work has my mind going in a million directions. Perfect time to get random, as I have a feeling I won't be in peak writing shape after going out to dinner later...
  • Let's start with some politics. Michelle Bachman, how about hiring some fact checkers before you go blabbing your mouth to a large crowd wishing Elvis a Happy Birthday on the anniversary of his death. And not just a quick mention, you belabored the point. I'm a little hesitant of quoting a movie unless I'm sure I'm spot on. Fingers crossed this woman gets nowhere near 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
  • Now on to sports. Jim Thome, a Phillie once upon a time, reaching 600 home runs. Not bad for 40. See, people can stay out of the doping club and still achieve great things.
  • Food! Talenti Caribbean Coconut Gelato. Get some. You'll thank me. Coconut anything is a dream come true. http://www.talentigelato.com/
  • Pretty sure I'm seeing a beach trip in my crystal ball for this weekend. Wanted to do some sailing before the summer's end. We shall see. You know it's a good weekend when you're shaking sand out of the floor mats of your car on Monday morning.
  • I'm incredibly envious of this guy's job. I'd do this for free
  • Check this out for a solid California wine http://www.wilyjack.com/  I'm partial to the Zinfandel.
  • I've posted some of his videos on Tumblr and follow him on Twitter, and Daniel Tosh is my kind of funny. A little more tame than Dane Cook, who delivered a funny yet raunchy set when we saw him at the Hard Rock in Vegas.

    A few Tosh good ones
    Simple delivery equals funny

    Love it


    That's all the randomness I got for today. See ya next week

No comments: