Wednesday, August 24, 2011

We d ne s da y Ra n do m s

Not sure what's up with that headline. Looks like Wednesday Randoms got a little shaken up... can't imagine why... it's been such a calm week so far.
  • Right right. Eathquake! Let's get it out of the way right up front. Cool, unexpected, eerie, and a ton of other things. Media overload, news reporters trying with all their might to mask their disdain as the same clips played overandoverandover. My grandpop turned 91 yesterday, so when I called to wish him a happy birthday, I asked what he thought of the little shake up... he was apparently resting at the time and thought "someone was trying to break in the house" Gotta love it.
  • Speaking of natural disasters, I really hope this hurricane veers east and misses us. Another weekend of rain is the least of our worries. These storms can tear up the coast and wreak havoc. I so loved the years I vacationed on the Outer Banks... please stay away from there! Oh yeah, and stay away from Rehoboth Beach too. Thanks.
  • Is it me, or does Moammar Gadhafi (or however you spell it the 7,000 different ways) look like a crazy cross between Carlos Santana and Ice-T?  Come on, I'm so right on this!


  • I can not wait for the 4-day weekend I have coming up at the end of September. I'm getting the urge to go somewhere! Always wanted to take off [x] number of days and just book a random trip the night before, just for the sake of spontaneity. Pick a place where the weather is good and the deal is too good to pass up- and just go!
  • August is such a blur. The most busy time of year by far at work, and I honestly can't recall what I've done the past 3 weeks. If Outlook didn't timestamp everything and have the ability to categorize sub folders within sub folders... I would be sooo incredibly lost.
  • Tennis time. US Open 2011 starts next week! NY isn't that far. I have to go to see one of these majors. Wimbledon is my dream, but I'm not sure how much of a reality that is. I certainly can't get any closeups of Roger from halfway up a stadium. When my current TV kicks it, I'm going all out and getting a 52" high def LCD. I can so see myself doing something like that. I've never been a crazed sports fan, but I WILL rearrange my entire schedule so I can watch a big match. (Excited!)
  • I've seen a few stories lately on the local news where pathetic excuses for human beings people have faked a cancer diagnosis and held fundraisers and other events to raise money... to keep for themselves! (What!?!) Mental illness is the only excuse I can come up with to justify someone even considering a move like this. If karma is real, these people better start running NOW... and fast!
  • Fall is just around the corner. Which means... it will soon be time for Pumpkin everything! Coffee, pie, bread, muffins, scones, ice cream, bagels, pancakes. It's all so delicious. I'm a big, big pumpkin fan. Now you know, the 'pumpkin' taste we all know and love is really the sugar and spices, not the actual flavor of the inside of a real pumpkin. Long ago, during a pumpkin carving extravaganza I decided to eat the stringy inner parts, thinking it would taste like the pie I so loved... nope! You can thank the clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar added in for all that signature pumpkin yummyness.



 As an added W.R. bonus for readers, I've Googled
"What is a random question to ask someone?"
Keeping in the spirit of all things random, on the most sacred random day (Wednesday), I'll pick a question from the list and answer it.
Here goes.

You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?

Easy. The dog wins- without a second thought. Fire me.



No comments: