Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Nice Day

Summer is winding down and August typically smacks us right at the end with some unbearably humid weather. I'm proud to report today was an exception!  It's still 92deg out at 5pm, but a sizable drop in humidity makes all the difference.

So out I go, through the neighborhoods next to the park and I'm definitely feeling the heat about 10min into this run. Also suuuuuper thirsty despite drinking a liter of water prior. It's especially fun when you're running by and you smell someone's grill cooking hot dogs (instant food envy).

I also had this weird sense of deja vu while out. The sounds, the surrounding, everything about it reminded me of the hours and hours of miles we logged in HS during preseason for the various sports I played. We started in August and went through the fall, and being outside today, for a moment, it felt like I went back in time 15yrs (has it been that long??) Yes. Ugh. My HS was in a similar suburban neighborhood setting, so who knows what brought back that flashback, but it was definitely there. (Would have been nice to have that iPod back then too!)

I only got about 3mi in... but it's better than none. Can't wait for the fall weather to return so I can go back to VF.    

See ya tomorrow for some random awesomeness

No comments: